My d21

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers mate, just trying to free up some room for a second battery.

Have you done any work to your engine? Are you happy with how it goes? I've been thinking it might be worth while doing a few extra mods while I have the engine on a stand.

Just exhaust, and i am pretty happy with how it goes. What sort of mods were you thinking of. Intercooling will be one of my next things on the list.

Yeah, I was definiltely going to go down that path. I have read a few threads about winding up the boost and fuel as well as adding an intercooler. Not really sure if it is worth the effort considering what the engine is and the size of it.

It's just while I have the engine on a stand it'll be easier to do head gaskets and all that now rather than later.

I'll work it out and let you know what I come up with!

I think Ill have to wait a little as we are in the middle of packing. We just sold our house and towing a van from sushine coast to Karratha in WA in Jan. Once we are set up there ill setup something.

Just had a new dumpipe made man the standard one was so restrictive. It seems to come up on boost quite a bit quicker.

Forgot to mention but the new dumpipe has the new pyrometer sensor in it so that it can also be installed now. Might squeeze that in today or tomorrow after work.

Got the egt gauge in today. Seems to run ok, sitting on around 125km it would come up to 500c and if i put my foot into it furhter i think maybe could reach 550c but i think it would rattle to bits before then so im quite happy. Oh and that was with the air on whether that made any difference.

Put some more lights on for the big journey to WA. I think I need a set of 33" Baja's to even out the lights, and maybe a bodylift... and so-on.....

TheNav001.jpg

They are big, but im getting used to them. Its definately easier to see at night.

The 240's look big on my 'Trol, let alone on yor Nav:big_smile: You won't have any shortage of light.................not scared of the dark by any chance:big_smile::big_smile:

As I mentioned, I run the 240's on my 'Trol, & I run 170's on the Nav, have found that using the Crystal Blue covers, I get a better light (whiter light) and they seem to be far better when it's raining. Just my 2cents.

Cheers...............Dave

Is there any way you can swap them over (IPF on top Lightforce on bottom), would improve visibility and look cool.

Hey all, well i finally sold the old girl. Once we moved to wa it was too hard and expensive to send it over, so now i have a gq patrol wagon for the family. It was fun while it lasted , the guy that bought it got a great truck at a great price. Like to thank everyone for their company and ill still keep an eye on here from time to time. GO THE NAVS...:victory:

Latest posts

Back