my D22 getting SAS

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the single mass fly wheel and clutch.....but it didnt come with the ring gear... so now im waiting again. And im also going to have to use the patrol gearbox spacer as the flywheel is stupidly thick and without a crap load of welding cant be machined down to the thickness i want so probably going to have to do some panel beating on the trans tunnel.:angry:

On the bright side..

P8160005.jpg

Just about ready for the suspension:big_smile:..........which im also still waiting for:angry:

joshy has 4wdmonthly approached you to do a section on your ute?
you should hit them up and do the filming at cruiser park.

nah havent heard from em directly since the rear bar and quarter chop was in there. Before i took it off the road i emailed them a couple of times to see if they were keen on putting in the mag while it was still ifs but i never heard anything back... i wont be approaching them again and see what happens if they approach me. Navs been in the mag 4-5 times already tho.

the waiting is almost over:big_smile: Seeing as there are no new 3.0 patrol flywheel ring gears in the WORLD at the moment, ive had to go second hand...had a brain wave n called brunswick diesels and theyve got a whole pile. And my suspension will be ready on thursday:top:

shes come along way joshy. Love the nav looks sweet. hopefully catch ya at cruiser park one day. would love too check it out.

i bet you can't wait to get the suspension in.
so joshy are you going to make a career out of turning d22's into monster trucks?
well road driveable monster trucks like what yours will be.
also when are you going to give the nav a bit more for the go peddel? as that must be slow with 35's on. and with 38's it will make the snail look quick

ah see how this one goes before i make it a career haha. at least ill have a slight more idea of what im doing if i do another.
Ill only be running 35's on road and offroad normaly...(well i tell myself that now). Nav will be getting intercooler and a chip then tuned but ill be telling them to tune it for longevity if that and the ZD30 can go together. I found the the 35's fine onroad, its not a race car and with the gearing it will make it better off the line. Offroad, not sure how its going to go with the 42's, im toying with dual transfers but on 35's the 85% gears will make it perfect.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Picked up the suspension last night....

Race Jackers by OPW. Basicaly sway-a-way coilovers with hydraulic lift 14" of coilover travel with another 14" of hydraulic lift.
P9020039.jpg

the hyrdo extension..
P9020040.jpg

Was very tempting to go the 16 or 18" travel ones....but i figured ive got a better chance of keeping them mostly under the bonnet with the shorter ones.

Thinking about selling the GU diffs as ive had to make some changes in the steering setup.

Yay...progress!

They look the goods joshy, better safe than sorry with the shorter travel.

Thanks guys. Still waiting on the F**king flywheel ringgear so i can do the gearbox.

dude, you are a machine!!!!

you gotta let us know when ya comin to brissie so we can see this monster in the flesh!

god im glad you listened to me about those coil over's rather then standard coils they look so wicked.

dude hurry up and build this thing, im getting impatient it's taking as long as dave with his rcv supertourer lol

P9040043.jpg

Going to have to go a little higher so the pumpkin has more clearance. Want to keep overall hieght down but may pump it up a bit for when the 42's are on.
P9040044.jpg

P9040045.jpg

P9040046.jpg

Coilovers should fit under the bonnet, if anything there might be the top of the tube poking through.

Back