my D22 getting SAS

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fair enough mate, it just looks like the direction your car is heading you will be better off getting as much weight off her as you can. I'd love to see the tub put in storage and a nice custom tube tray built with the 35 mounted on it. Then if you don't like it just chuck the tub back on.

just a bit of inspiration.

P2090021.jpg

Fair enough mate, it just looks like the direction your car is heading you will be better off getting as much weight off her as you can. I'd love to see the tub put in storage and a nice custom tube tray built with the 35 mounted on it. Then if you don't like it just chuck the tub back on.

yeah mate id love to make a comp tray, and its on the list of things to do....i just cant afford the steel atm to make the sorta tray i want. This is more of a for the time being thing, as i cant fit a spare 35 under the tray. ive got a rear bar off my mazda bravo that im going to cut the mounts off and weld 2 axle stubs too and then just 2 RHS swing away arms with some wheel studs welded/bolted to some plate.

Turns out the locker prob was the o ring had broken in two places. But ARB didnt have any in stock till 5 the sarvo ...so gota go back out to hitech tomorow where the diff will be ready to just bolt back into place and im good to go again.

Gotta be happy with that. I think thats a fairly common problem with the airlockers. Is it easy enough to change?

Yeah its a common prob and this was spose to be the new design to fix it. its easy enough to change....just the fact you have to pull the diff out to do it so its time consuming... its still not working properly...its locking but compressor kicks in every 10 secs to pump more....

Cant remember if i mentioned it on here yet.....the two turbo hoses from nissan cost $111 dollars each and they said itd cost $70 to change them...took me 5-10mins in the dark to change em. Was spose to head to melbourne/south aus yesterday but one of the heater hoses is now leaking so i have to get another one tomorrow from super cheap or something. Didnt want to risk driving down alone, i have little enough faith in this car as it is. so now ill wait till the lcmp trip to do any long distances...at least ill have other cars with me.
Ah i was also jacking the front up with a hilift off the bullbar and the bullbar twisted and pushed up on the side i was jacking up and down on the other so theres a 10mm gap one side and 2inch gap the other....Gota fix those dodge bullbar mounts...

That's one thing that shit's me about ARB's air locker, you always hear of problems with the O ring, this has been going on for years, surely they would have fixed the problem by now but obviously not.

well hitech were telling me the locker in mine is spose to be the new improved o ring design to stop it. the first o ring arb gave them was a tiny thin standard o ring the 2nd one was an "upgraded one" which should have came with the locker the 1st time as this means they were having trouble with the original o ring and ARB knew about it, it has a lip either side of the ring. I guess enough lockers work for arb not to worry to much about the ones that dont.

pics n vid from the other day..
Prob should have taken this vid from the other side to see the wheel slip but 1st is unlocked and 2nd is locked. Ive never goten up that line unlocked.

Not bad flex for stock leaves....the hilux shocks are still limiting my travel.
PC230003.jpg

PC230004.jpg

PC230005.jpg

PC230006.jpg

nah wait till i get a wombat holes video, hopefully tomorrow. Awesome just being able to idle through while wheels are in the air. Locker coupled with the low range gears is such a good combo.

hey joshy,
in your exhaust system you look like your running a total straight through (no muffler, resonator, cat, etc).

is it a DIY job becoz i didn't know they'd make straight throughs like that here in aus legally? becoz its illegal to run without a cat...?

its a pro job, its got a cat but nothing else. i asked for no cat but they said they cant do that...but they flanged it for me so i could take it off if i wanted.

ah i think theyll ping me for the tyres sticking out before the no muffler. Its louder, but not that loud. I dont get any extra looks for the exhuast noise.

I think it was around 1100...cant remember now. But i also had a plug welded onto the dump so i could put a pyro in.

did the rear quarter chop today...

PC290038.jpg

PC290036.jpg

PC290037.jpg

and installed a turbo timer ...doesnt look to straight in the pic but ive fixed it up now.
PC290039.jpg

thats crazy, i couldnt cut my car up with a grinder. you going to lift that towbar as well or take it off?

Back