my D22 getting SAS

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got the lower chassis rails bent up. 2" 3.2mm wall tube, sleeved at the join in the middle. the vitara chassis rails will just be welded onto this and will not be relied upon for anything structural.

Then bent up the front piece, again 2" 3.2mm wall and 1 3/4 for the joiners. don't pay too much attention to motor position in any pics as I was moving everything around.

Tac'd a few bits on to see how I was goin to go with the lower uniball clearance.

Its going to be close but should get 18" out of it

Looking good Josh.

Are you heading down an independent suspension setup or still using solid axles? Just looks like independent with the way it is.

yep going for independent front and rear suspension. KOH style mixed with Tuff Truck

Just spent the better part of yesterday and this morning (whilst wrangling the kidlets) reading from start to finish... F me with the rough end of a pineapple! Awesome man!

Sent some of the juicy links to a mate who has modded and built up a GU 4.2ltr TD coil cab and races winch challenge sort of shit (he's more a bulk power sort of bloke with 236rwkw running 37" tyres at 40psi peak lol)
All he could come up with was "F*** me!"... a massive compliment from him haha

Sensational job on the Nav mate, am now watching with much interest to see what you have for us dreamers next!

Keep it coming mate!

Thanks mate. Progress has come to a halt due to getting my landcruiser ready for the cape. It's almost finished so hopefully more time for the nav.

a huge effort but got the cab up onto the chassis table. now to decide how far forward to put it

Are you going to run "A" arm links top and bottom? This thing is going to be off chops when its done!

yep a arms top n bottom, whats there atm is purely mock up while I was looking at angles on the joints.

so finally got some more frame rails in, which meant I could cut the floor out of the cab as the body was supported

not sure what im going to do about the front guards yet. I want to move the cab further forward but then I wont be able to get the motor out

nah not really, spent 7 weeks up the cape june-july and been flat out with work since. few little bits done but nothing pic worthy unfortunately.

Joshy, sorry to get off topic but how was the trip?, I read somewhere that you wanted to take the hardest route up including the telephone line track or something? Just wondering as I'm intending to do the same middle to late next year and just wanted some info.

Joshy who are you getting to make your cv's? Guessing they will be custom length?

ah will be customs from RCV in the states. Lifetime warranty and the best cvs you can buy. If I could rewind 6 years I probably would have forked out for a set of ones that fit a navara before doing the sas.

Joshy, sorry to get off topic but how was the trip?, I read somewhere that you wanted to take the hardest route up including the telephone line track or something? Just wondering as I'm intending to do the same middle to late next year and just wanted some info.

Yeah it was great, did the tele track up and back, and frenchmans unfortunately couldn't do the creb as it was shut still, same with a lot of lakefield NP so our plans were constantly changing..so it was a good thing that we didn't really have a set plan. lol

we walked all the crossings on the way up but in the end just drove straight across everything. Highly recommend doing the entire tele track. so many people were turning around. its quite doable without damage...but a lot of people lack common sense I guess.

we must have had more then 20 groups from north of cairns tell us nolans was undriveable without atleast getting water in.. heaps of stories about how the only way to cross it is half hour intervals blah blah. we walked it n thought wtf? just drove each car across one after the other. (not that we took it for granted, we still had a recovery line ready to go on the other side and people in the water to attach it but fortunately didn't even look like needing it.)

there was also a track from punsand to the tip that we were warned about, labelled xtreme 4wd track so we were expecting the best :rock: but it turned out to be nothing.

no were near as hard as we hoped but still great fun none the less. the entire tele track would be doable in a day.

Awesome thanks Josh, what were you driving?? With what mods, were looking at a few D22 (modded out) a D40 and a Colorado to start with all winched with mud terrains etc.

I took my 76 cruiser, and my mates were in a gu patrol and 2012 hilux

The patrol and I were twin locked, beadlocks, 3-4" lift, 35's etc. hilux was on 33's unlocked, 3" lift. he got through 95% of what we did without a drama. all had winches, myself and the lux winched once on the frenchmans track.

Awesome thanks for the information. Appreciated. Nice looking rigs makes the hilux look small.

Latest posts

Back