my D22 getting SAS

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up some more parts tonight..

Hydro steer orbital valve, Ram and a cooler for the system.

P5100876.jpg

P5100875.jpg

P5100878.jpg

Joshy mate what are you doing/what have you done to protect the inside of the chassis rails from rust where the welding of mounts to the outside of the rails may well have burnt the paint/ED off the inside?

Just curious for my own build.

The ram looks cool by the way.

Nothing yet. Might get the inside of the chassis painted when its done. Not much you can do?

you can get a special nozzle that you stick in the end of the chassis, has pin holes along the lenght of it and spray away

josh i've said it before and ill say it again.
your mad!, this thing is going to be absolutly unreal when it's finished i can't wait to see it done.
when it's done you better come to landcruiser park and show the cruiser's how to drive airlocker avenue.... straight up it.
weren't you going to put an intercooler on the navara? how will that go with the bar work and winch?

Thanks kickars, intercooler will be top mount. Was going to use the patrol one but ive found a kit thats good value for money and where it mounts should be perfect.

No pics cos im lazy but hydraulic reserviour is almost finished, about 4L capacity. Hopefully get it mounted tomorrow along with the valve bank and cooler.

The hydro steer is annoying me as i cant mount it how i want it. To mount it in place of the tie rods the 3rd member is in the way. Nobody does a high steer kit for GU's anymore and even if they did then it would hit the sump on full compression. So i think ive found a way to make my own High steer on the front of the Knuckles, Hopefully get that mocked up tomorrow aswell.

Only a month to go before this has been off the road for a year

A.J came round the other day, weve made some more changes in the engine bay to try and give the pulleys more wrap. Hopefully have it finished to be able to measure up the length for the belt on the weekend. Also put an additional mount to the top of the chassis on each slider, thats 4 each side atm with 1 more to come.

Finished welding up the reserviour

P5150883.jpg

Just have to flush it out.

And tried to work out where the hydro steer is going to go...

About here...

P5180884.jpg

Going to make up a mount/guard for it with 1 1/2 tube, until i can make a high steer set up on the front of the knuckles im just going to use the draglink mount.

Hydro steer mounts are tacked in place, tie rod cut down to size, all ready to be welded up, just needs one more brace over the top. Once i make up the high steer it should improve the approach angle of the diff more and ill be able to use both sides of the ram..

P5200885.jpg

P5200886.jpg

P5200887.jpg

P5200888.jpg

Hell yea. Im hoping the qld boys dont get there single cab nav finished in time tho.

Hey Josh are you still thinking of doing half doors ?

A mate has doors that are slightly damaged if your interested.

Dave.

Latest posts

Back