My D40 Lift

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makofisho

Reaction score
Finally settled on a setup to lift my D40 by 50 mm and I will book it in tomorrow. I saw one the other day and quizzed the owner who was very happy after nearly 200k and it still looks great so I am getting one very similar. Basically consists of Lovell coils on the front and I will keep my current shocks, seems new shocks are not warranted as the length is the same anyway and my ute is fairly new so might as well keep them. EFS springs on the back with new longer travel shocks, all up $1400 bucks including labour sounds like a no brainer to me so I can't wait to get it done.

Chagne the shocks as nissan shocks are shit to start with

Totally Agree ^^

If you have the strut out any way why not put a better set of shocks in, the valving in the stockers is not the best and its half the reason why the squirm al over the place when you hit a bump mid corner.

You can get a full kit bushes, shackles shocks, springs and coils for around $1700 to $2000 (depending on brand) so why not spend the extra $300 for far better shocks that will last allot longer, and you wont have to do the front twice.

I'm going all out when I upgrade and it's going to set me back 3gs fitted but do it once do it right

Go for drive on a corrugated road or drive a few hours on bumby chopped up bitumen road @ 100K's.

After that you wont be able to change your shocks fast enough.

Just fitted a TD 2" lift to mine and ended up getting 16mm front spacers cut to level it out. Happy now though..

2 inch lift comparison

Wish I had read your post before I had the job done, yes Nissan shocks are shit but the Lovell springs feel OK to me.
Took a pic of a mates ute today beside mine, his is stock factory suspension mine is after the 2 inch lift

Attachments

• 2 inch lift Comparison.jpg
    2 inch lift Comparison.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 222
Back