My D40 now hammers!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vool104

Reaction score
Hi guys, just letting you all know about some mods I've done to my D40 navara. Fitted a K&N filter, snorkel, full 3" system, diesel chip, and egr mod, and holey shit does it crack! It's a fairly expensive list of mods to do in one hit but I highly recommend it. Fuel consumption is now about 710kms to a tank. I've also fitted a secondary donaldson fuel filter kit, runs nice and crisp with nilly 200,000 on the clock!!! Yeeewww:rambo:

It has so much more drivability, eg: approach a round about in 4th hold 4th through the round about than glide the pedal down an just pulls as smooth as cold beer!!

Wats wrong wit 370l to a tank?? Haha wat brand of chip do u have on it??

Haha.. Oillad, it's a race chip from the uk, and 4 naving, it's a custom 2.5" dump through too 3" all the way out too a straight through muffler, isn't loud just nice, I think the 2.5" dump helps with response. It's just such a great combo, I'd love to see what it is on paper. With 190kms on the clock I'm so impressed!

Vool104,
Was this just the K&N filter element, or the complete K&N pod installation replacing the original filter box.

Haha.. Oillad, it's a race chip from the uk, and 4 naving, it's a custom 2.5" dump through too 3" all the way out too a straight through muffler, isn't loud just nice, I think the 2.5" dump helps with response. It's just such a great combo, I'd love to see what it is on paper. With 190kms on the clock I'm so impressed!
i only got the 3" straight thru. Chipit, egr an the pod. Sounds good but not good enough to the d40 ive heard an seen but cant do much cus its an auto.. Get some good power wit the chip but loves chewing it on the high way.. Im sure there something there to fix me fuel, except take the chip out ha.

Lol, ozassassin, it's the panel up grade, I do a lot of offroad so kept the original box mounted to the snorkel, oilad is yours auto? How many Kms?

Wats model is urs?? An how much was the chip?? Did ya do it ya self plug an play or??

It's 07 Spanish built, the chip was around 350, an it's not a plug an play, you just plug it in to the common rail and away she goes. Very straight forward

Vool104,
mine is auto with 107k's on it, still tossing up whether to do the timing chain, has no rattle but just not quite sure what to do yet.

I keep reading about the topic some say do it other say run with it decisions decisions, or is money and more money.

Honestly mate, it's all to do with the way it's been brought up, if it's got a good service history it'll be fine, don't let people put shit in your head like its some "big deal" I done mine at 180kms thinking I was doing the right thing, I pulled it apart an there was nothing ****ing wrong with it. You only here about the bad ones mate, don't stress ya beans over it. There good engines mate, just some people have no idea that maintenance is key to any engines longevity!

Plus they give off a hefty telltale prior for a long time, the don't just snap for no reason.

Honestly mate, it's all to do with the way it's been brought up, if it's got a good service history it'll be fine, don't let people put shit in your head like its some "big deal" I done mine at 180kms thinking I was doing the right thing, I pulled it apart an there was nothing ****ing wrong with it. You only here about the bad ones mate, don't stress ya beans over it. There good engines mate, just some people have no idea that maintenance is key to any engines longevity!

Yup, onto it mate. You do hear about the odd one here and there having timing chain issues, but this is the day and age of the internet, you will hear about almost every one that has something wrong with it, you never hear about the thousands and thousands of other ones that don't have any issues.

When driving around NZ, about 1 in 3 utes is a D40 NAV, I personally know 2 friends with D40's and none of us have ever had the slightest issue.

Latest posts

Back