My first 4WD solo camping trip..

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rsgooch

NF Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just did my first solo 4WD camping trip. I went to Flinders Beach North Stradbroke Island. Had a great time and I am so glad I purchased my first 4WD in November. I am a novice 4WD owner but I am definitely hooked! I get it now, why all the people who frequent this site are 4WD enthusiast. I love my Navara and look forward to many more trips with mates and solo to the beautiful places in Australia.

Welcome to the addiction sir, its more expensive that heroine and just as addictive but WAY more rewarding and shouldn't result in you loosing your home and girlfriend.......ok not the home at least.

G'day, glad you enjoyed yourself. It is very addictive.
Since your new to this let me give you an old piece of advise. I know technology has come a long way and mobile phones and UHF's are really good, but when I was 16 drive on my first 4wd trip with a club they told me "never go out 4wding alone" you never know what will happen. You could just get stuck or you could roll over and it could be a long time before someone comes along.
But anyhow just a bit of advise, welcome to the mad hobby where spending can never end, hope you enjoy many more 4wding and camping trips.
Check out the thread for the muster in October, come along and have a good time.

Hi mate. Good to hear you are enjoying it. One of the best things with having a 4x4 is that when you modify it you get to use it not like pouring money into street cars to make them go faster and should only be doing the speed limit anyway.
At least with your 4x4 everything you do to it has a use in the bush. And just the flexibility to be able to go almost anywhere is a bonus, heaps to see out their to. Have fun.

G'day, glad you enjoyed yourself. It is very addictive.
Since your new to this let me give you an old piece of advise. I know technology has come a long way and mobile phones and UHF's are really good, but when I was 16 drive on my first 4wd trip with a club they told me "never go out 4wding alone" you never know what will happen. You could just get stuck or you could roll over and it could be a long time before someone comes along.
But anyhow just a bit of advise, welcome to the mad hobby where spending can never end, hope you enjoy many more 4wding and camping trips.
Check out the thread for the muster in October, come along and have a good time.
2nd this, so much easier recovering a bogged vehicle with a snatch recovery to then having to do it by yourself.

Hey thanks for all the replies. I do know that I should not 4WD solo. I picked this location primarily because I knew there would be other people and it is close to help if I needed it. I would never do a solo crossing of the Simpson Desert or Cape York. But one of the main reasons I bought my Navara was to get out on my own and enjoy nature. I will always take the the road most traveled when going solo. I also don't have a big network of friend that have 4WD or don't have commitments with family. So it is hard to get someone to go out with me when i want to go. I have a trip planned at the end of September to Fraser Island with some mates. I have just filled out the form for the Navara Muster, so hopefully I will meet some like minded people there.

I will post my pictures for the trip over the weekend. I have been lurking on this site for about 6 months now and I think it is great. I will almost always take the advice of the seasoned pros. Feel free to remind me if I am doing something wrong so I can get better at the 4WD life.

Oh and one more thing. I have a female friend who soloed the Simpson Desert, Cape York and pretty much the entire continent of Australia in a Pajero, go figure!

Thanks!
rsgooch

Nothing wrong with alone I always go solo :peace: next month going north, western gulf and Kakadu for 4 week all alone only me this = more beer for me :cheers!:

Glad I read about not 4x4'ing solo; it sounds jolly dangerous! I've been naughty! Been doing it since the 1970's. Thanks for warning me about it! Otherwise, nothing may have happened lol!

To all the sarcastic repliers, pardon me for giving some good free advise. Maybe you's need to go spend some more solo time away from normal people.

Latest posts

Back