My Navi

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ianf

Reaction score
Hi All

Had my 2006 Navara ST-X (6 speed diesel) for about 6 months. Purchased it from my brother-in-law for what I thought was a good price. Just clicked over 95,000km and came std with factory steel bull bar.

I have a few problems (rust around windscreen, problem with bonnet related to problems with front suspension) which I am confident Nissan will fix under warranty.

Even with these problems, I still really like the Navara.

I have installed an Icom UHF radio and RFI CDQ5000 antenna (great antenna).

Also just had a Steinbauer performance chip installed. It is just fantastic! It instantly made the Navara more driveable, giving increased power and torque. I towed my Jayco Eagle Outback down to the Souther Highland last weekend (I am from Sydney). Only needed to drop back to 5th gear on a couple of occasions. Again the Steinbauer has massively increased it towing ability.

I have also installed a Dig Options Entertainment System. For about $550, it gives me DVD, CD, Navigation, IPod compatibility, Bluetooth and reversing camera. Good buy and easy to install.

I will be installing a Couplertec system this weekend and complete the installation of the reversing camera.

Hope to install 2" lift kit, snorkel and winch so I can really get out bush.

Well that's me for now. Happy to answer any questions.

Regards

Ian

Welcome Ian, Good luck with the Nav.

Nissan are still doing the bonnet recall issue so providing your happy with their strap and don't want to engineer your own fix I'd suggest Nissan will come to the party for. As for the windscreen rust there has been a number of members successfully fight Nissan for repairs so once again you should be ok, but it would probably be worth getting onto both issues soon.

Latest posts

Back