My northside 4x4 intercooler arrived today

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pix

Reaction score
After a few months waiting for the core to come from the states, Northside 4x4 were able to send out my intercooler. FINALLY!!! I'm going to try and fit it tomorrow while I'm off work, although its a front mount do trying to refit a bull bar by myself might be tricky. I'm so happy!! I'll keep an update on how it goes.

Attachments

• image-4063443007.jpg
    image-4063443007.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 259
Can you not leave the bar in, and just pull out the grill and maybe headlights???

The bull bar needs to come off because washer bottle gets replaced, and other stuff needs to be moved in order to get it in properly. Makes me think I should do a catch can at the same time...

fair enough, that makes sense i guess.
Yeah why not stick a can on while your at it, if it saves you pulling the front apart again later

nathand22 said:
fair enough, that makes sense i guess.
Yeah why not stick a can on while your at it, if it saves you pulling the front apart again later

Since when do you need to pull the front of car apart to install a catch can?

Since when do you need to pull the front of car apart to install a catch can?

well you dont if you put it in the engine bay......... BUT if you want to put it behind the grill, like so many people are now, it kind of makes that job easier if you have the grill off...... dont you think??????

Last edited:
Installing the catch can now would save you having too pull the front back off again to get the intercooler back out too clean the oil out of it.

nathand22 said:
well you dont if you put it in the engine bay......... BUT if you want to put it behind the grill, like so many people are now, it kind of makes that job easier if you have the grill off...... dont you think??????

That's a heap of extra hose for no reason

That's a heap of extra hose for no reason

im not debating what is best. you asked why you need to have the front apart to fit a catch can, and thats what i was answering. Nothing to do with how much hose you need, or weather its a waste.
The one thing i remember reading, was that it is hard to fit a "provent" catch can in the bay as they are a little bigger then most, but are considered to be the best out there.
I think it was "SPARRA" that decided to go a smaller unit for that reason, and just add steel wool/shavings to make the small unit work better.

like i said its not up to me to judge where someone wants to install a catch can, BUT if a person wants to install one behind the grill, and they have the grill and everything else off already, dont you think it would be a good time to do it???

The other point that i didnt think of at first, is that pix may have just been talking about installing a catch can so he doesnt have to clean out the intercooler, and therefor he doesnt have to pull it all apart again, As LLadnar said.

Meh, let us know how you go.

Keen to see pics, looks like a quality kit. As expected to be honest.

Wanted to do my intercooler today but once again overtime won out. I'll start tomorrow and take some snaps.

Hey mate, just wondering on the price of your kit if you don't mind me asking, i'm looking to do a front mount over easter, looking at different ways to do it, xr6 cooler, not interested in an ase kit as you need to cut the bullbar mount and run through the wheel arch, or the denco kit, so custom looks the way to go, unless a nice kit comes along that doesnt need to cut the bullbar mount or go through the wheel arch....

Well after a few extra hours at work, I was able to get the cooler half way along. All the piping is done and it mounted. All I have to do is install the supplied washer bottle and relocate the oil cooler with supplied hoses. With the right tools this job is easy as, I'm happy with it and by tonight I'll be done. I started at lunch time so about 3hrs to install. I will throw up more pic of the install later. Kit to my door was about $1500 I think.

Attachments

• image-1696876822.jpg
    image-1696876822.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 159
No idea what size. After an afternoon run and dinner with the missus (who only invited me to dinner to actually break up with me, but that's a whole other story) I finished installing the cooler kit. What an awesome kit! Everything I needed was there. Just took the nav for a big lap through the burbs and it's noticeably better. Seems smoother through the rev range and now I have a loud turbo whistle. Coupled with the snorkel and exhaust, I'm bloody happy so far!

Attachments

• image-2880033031.jpg
    image-2880033031.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 132
  • image-2204798784.jpg
    image-2204798784.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 148

Latest posts

Back