My sales experience. Hunter NSW

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont know if it is new, it did not look to new, but maybe they have just become a Nissan dealer

That is probably it. now that i think about it the car yard has been there for a while, but last October they were not on Nissan's dealer list.

About a fortnight ago, I was going past and their sign was a website.

Dang.

Anyway, glad you got a good deal.

That is probably it. now that i think about it the car yard has been there for a while, but last October they were not on Nissan's dealer list.

About a fortnight ago, I was going past and their sign was a website.

Dang.

Anyway, glad you got a good deal.

So am I,

I got a phone call today from bloke at Maitland, after I rang him to find out what was going on, OK I was bored.

He came back like the deal was done, we were best mates, his opening line was, 'have you got a credit card", "shit yeah, Ive got heaps, but you still have not given me a price" I said, "how does $45,800. grab ya" he asks,
"I need a deposit today", he says, I say "sorry buddy, no good, but thanks for nothing anyway".

Gold, pure Gold.

Well how's this, one of my MATE'S is a salesman at Maitland Nissan n I asked him too get me a good price on a snorkel n bullbar. I reminded him twice and still no answer. How much chance have you got if you can't even get an answer out of your mate.

^ Go through Nizzbits.

The man is a legend, shit he must be tired at the end of the week with all th forums and other job.

Hi guys, This is my first post & I'm whinging already.

I know how you blokes feel about getting the run around from car salesmen. I too copped all the bullshit from the big fella at Maitland Nissan.
The sales manager at Cardiff Nissan was a nice bloke but their trade-in valuation wasn't even close.
I ended up paying a deposit on a new Navara ST at Klosters on the 31st August. Their change over price was $2,000 better than Cardiff.
Klosters told me that my car was still on the boat but would dock in Brisbane on the 2nd of September & that I should have it with all the extras fitted within 2 weeks. I rang them on Friday (9thSept) & they don't even know if it's left Brisbane yet.

Welcome to the forum, Phil.

Michael at Klosters does indeed look up to find out where your vehicle is, and will keep you updated - he didn't get much of a chance to call me as he'd promised because I was champing at the bit and had little changes to make and needed to make sure the electrics were done right (they weren't, which now that I've discovered this I'm pretty annoyed about but I'll fix that when I get some really heavy cable). I was on the phone to him, or dropping in, every few days.

They've done well by me, and their service department has been great - I've no complaints. Chris (service manager) seems to know his stuff rather well (as does Michael).

I'd guess that the lack of information about the whereabouts of your car is due to some dimwit forgetting to update the computer system with its location.

They've done well by me, and their service department has been great - I've no complaints. Chris (service manager) seems to know his stuff rather well (as does Michael).

A safe bet I'd say, since Tony really knows his stuff........

^Fixed your quote.

Jeez, Maitland Nissan will run out of potential customers soon.

Shame that.

^ Re fixed quote, Dave.
How do I select a part only of a quote plz?

Michael at Klosters does indeed look up to find out where your vehicle is, and will keep you updated - he didn't get much of a chance to call me as he'd promised because I was champing at the bit and had little changes to make and needed to make sure the electrics were done right (they weren't, which now that I've discovered this I'm pretty annoyed about but I'll fix that when I get some really heavy cable). I was on the phone to him, or dropping in, every few days.

I'd guess that the lack of information about the whereabouts of your car is due to some dimwit forgetting to update the computer system with its location.

I rang Klosters again today & spoke to Michael this time.
He tells me that my car is now in Ingleburn waiting to be sent up here.
And he assured me that all the accessories would be fitted & I would have it in plenty of time to organise my own window tinting, driving lights & electric trailer brakes before heading off to QLD for the school holidays in about 12 days time.
Fingers crossed.

I also found out today that Cessnock Nissan has had a car sitting up there identical to the one I ordered & could have picked it up 2 weeks ago. Bummer!

Last edited:
If it's in Ingleburn, it'll be at Patricks having the wrong stereo fitted, the brakes removed and attached to the rear door handles and the headlight globes replaced by little plastic helium-filled Nemo squishy toys.

Well, not that bad! They have a fairly short turnaround down there, the car should be trucked up in a couple of days. Mention the car at Cessnock to Michael and see what he says.

I recently purchased a D22 through Westco Motors here in Cairns and to be honest after I signed on the dotted line I encountered the worst customer service I have seen. Originally I was told that new stock was only two weeks away and that ended up becoming two months.
No contact from the salesperson and when I contacted him for a delivery date I was given a different excuse each time.

By far the worst thing was during the vehicle inspection after discussing how to use the 4wd he left it in high 4 and went onto discuss something else. If I hadn't driven a 4wd before I doubt very much if I would have picked up that and I would have been well and truly in trouble.

I was told today when I called in to see what was taking so long that the car arrived at Klosters yesterday morning & would be ready to pick up on Saturday morning. Hooray!

But some idiot in at Klosters only ordered the hard tonneau cover 2 days ago. Not 2 weeks ago when I paid the deposit. So now I have to wait weeks for that to arrive because there are none in the country.

I also found out when I rang Nissan customer care that the pricks in at Klosters charged me $174 above the rec retail price for the fitted tonneau cover. We will be having words tomorrow.
Probably should ring Nissan customer care again & find out the rec retail price on the Tow bar & nudge bar aswell & see if i'm being ripped off there too.

Last edited:
A local.

I swear the pricks assume everyone is in the mines, so they can charge whatever they want.

In saying that. Singleton is the dearest place in the Hunter Valley to live.

I rang customer care this morning & found out that Klosters had charged me $115 above rec retail for the towbar & $85 more for the nudge bar.
After a couple of heated phone calls (only because I was at work & couldn't get in there) Klosters have dropped the price of the car by $500 & miraculously found a hard tonneau cover.

When I rang customer care they told me that there were only 4 hard covers in the country in the colour I need. One in Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne & the Gold Coast.

I rang customer care this morning & found out that Klosters had charged me $115 above rec retail for the towbar & $85 more for the nudge bar.
After a couple of heated phone calls (only because I was at work & couldn't get in there) Klosters have dropped the price of the car by $500 & miraculously found a hard tonneau cover.

When I rang customer care they told me that there were only 4 hard covers in the country in the colour I need. One in Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne & the Gold Coast.

Nice work, ya have to look out for ya self.
Is it just me that gets a giggle out of a story like this?

I'm a bit surprised at Klosters giving you the run-around, they've been pretty good to me. I might have a chat with Michael there and get him to kick his salesmen in the ass.

I was gonna print it off and hand to my boss at parts, even though Shayne isn't Nissan he don't like negative media!

I recently purchased a D22 through Westco Motors here in Cairns and to be honest after I signed on the dotted line I encountered the worst customer service I have seen. Originally I was told that new stock was only two weeks away and that ended up becoming two months.
No contact from the salesperson and when I contacted him for a delivery date I was given a different excuse each time.

By far the worst thing was during the vehicle inspection after discussing how to use the 4wd he left it in high 4 and went onto discuss something else. If I hadn't driven a 4wd before I doubt very much if I would have picked up that and I would have been well and truly in trouble.
I feel your pain sir.
I got the same sort of crap from them when I bought my Nav.
And I would also suggest you do not bother with their service department.
They are (in my opinion and from personal experience) WORSE than their sales department. I have a post on here somewhere all about my dealings with Westco Motors...
Bill

Latest posts

Back