National Luna 'The serious dual battery box'?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

palmma221

Reaction score
Hay guys,

After a fair while of searching which battery box and dual battery set up I want I have kinda finally made a decision. I think im going to go with the serious dual batery box from National Luna. Below is the website explaining how it all works.

http://www.nationalluna.com/Datasheets/BattBox Manual.pdf

I like it because it if fully removable between cars and has every thing in built.

Take a look and let me know what you think.

Thanks again guys!

Interesting. It uses a timer and measuring voltage to determine when to start charging the auxiliary battery.

The installation instructions don't indicate anywhere that you need to connect to some circuit that is live only when the ignition is on.

That's nice and simple. It also cuts the connection at a fairly high level - 12.7V.

Not bad. The auxiliary battery won't ever be fully charged like that - it'll reach 70-75% of charge, but it's a simple installation and you can't complain about that.

Notice how much fuss they make about not using the vehicle earth? Yep, we been saying the same thing on this forum.

The auxiliary monitor is not a bad idea. Not sure it needs to be in the cabin, because usually if you're in the cabin you're driving and the battery's charging - so the low-battery alarm will never be heard. It'd be neat if you could run the wire from the tub all the way into your tent - the brochure doesn't indicate how long the cable is.

Not a bad find at all.

Back