Navara D22 suspension upgrade

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

palmma221

Reaction score
I have a nissan navara D22 2004 and have been looking at different suspension packages over the last few months. The main one I have been looking at is Old Man Emu suspension from ARB. Has anyone had any experience with it? Good and Bad points?

Im trying to find suspension in the $1500 range, and I want as much hight as I can. I live in perth, but am happy to consider ordering it in from interstate.

Any help will be appreciated, as $1500 bucks is quite a bit for me, so this is something I need your opinion on.

Cheers guys
:cheers!:

suggest the search but on another note why don't we start a sticky with a list of available options as they come up?

just an idea

Aido had a bad run with ARB suspension and I am pretty sure a few others have aswell.

Hear awesome things from Zordo on other forums as well.

Heard too many bad things about OME but maybe that's just bad news travelling further then good news. Alot of people say their suspension tends to sag way too quick.

Still nothing bad on Zordo so check him out for sure.

Zordo was the only guy who wanted to sell me my Lovell leaf springs.

He is a great guy to deal with.

He bent over backwards getting me what I wanted when no one else would help.

Awesome customer service to.

The only bloke on par for customer service I have found, is Garry aka Nizzbits.

Hi Palmma

Just done this. All depends what your after. I did a full Heavy duty lift. Torsion bars, Springs, shockies. ARB quoted me just over $1600, EFS was about $1500. Ended up using Blue max with a price of $1470. This is all supply only. easy to fit at home. I got The Bluemax from costal 4x4. Hope this helps mate. Any Questions just ask.

Chris

Hay mate yeah this does help, I got a quote today on blue max from costal 4x4, they quoted me $2100 supplied and fitted!?

Have u had any experience with Tough Dog mate? I got a quote from Opposit Lock in Jandicot for a total suspension upgrade using Tough dog and the quote was $1800.
I was looking at OME before but have heard reports that they sagged. I was even talking to the guy at OL abd he said one of his mates had a GU patrol fitted with OME, and all of the springs blew up at the same time, oil everywhere! bugger!
Im going to give zordo a call
cheers mate

Thats bloody steep for blue max fitted. It took me and a mate a few hours to install, we hadn't done it before. Tough dog you pay for a brand. Nav's are limited to the size of shocks you can have 35mm is about it. all shocks will have a breaking point. on off road corrugations you need to let them cool down on a regular basis. I'll hunt for one of the cards i got from costals if you like. If i remember fitting was like $1700. or you can contact ssa themselves and supply with pick up from coastals is like $1300. I'm very happy with mine at the moment. Will update once i have put them through their paces on the CSR

Chris

Yeah Thanks mate, If you could grab that card it would be very helpfll,

Theres just soo much to bloody choose from, some peple say tough dog, others dobinson, others Blue max.
Just want to get the bloody thing done, but only want to do it right the first time!

Suspension in WA

Just been through the whole process with my d22 2003, I ordered and then cancelled an OME lift after hearing nightmare stories about weak 400kg Dakar rear leaves and really poor warranty on this site. (oh and a two month wait list!,)

To cut a long story short Zordo is a star and will give you very good free advice over phone, He will arrange 2" blue max kit (everything except torsion bars which you only need if you have steel bars, winch etc) for you to pick up from warehouse in Perth for around 1050 ish. You fit.

I was going to go this way but had concerns about claiming warranty after fitting myself and subsequently locally (fremantle and myaree) quoted 4-700 for fitting!!!!!

In fact went with APE suspension in Landsdale, full EFS elite 2" kit fitted for around 1400 next day with TBs wound up (the new EFS rear elite shocks do fit on the back because they now have a rubber boot.) Can also do alignment, rancho, west coast suspension, raw, anything really, good clean workshop.

Phil is the boss, family business and they only do suspension, he even admits to dreaming about it!! and has 15+ years experience. Also very willing to give his advice for free over phone.

If you are unsure, have a word with him about what you would like to do

I have no financial interest but do thoroughly recommend him if you are not keen to fit yourself. The Nav now has no roll at all and doesn't wallow at all, the old shocks were completely empty.... It had dropped 20mm from stock and now is 40mm above, looks great ! :)

Will
Pm me if any questions
Photos up soon !!!

Latest posts

Back