Navara D22 tub liner, rust proof, tonneau cover

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtdevil

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Im new to 4x4 and have just bought a new D22. I'm really unsure as to whether or not I should have a tub liner installed.

Do they rub away the paint underneath and cause rust?
Has anyone here got one in their D22 and have looked underneath?
If they are good, what should I be asking for exactly? Are they easy to install or should I just pay someone to do it?

What does everyone think about rust proofing? the coupletec system sounds like witchcraft to me and is over $700. Should I just have the old fashioned spray done instead?

Has anyone installed a soft cover tonneau themself? Is it simple to do? are there instructions available?

Thanks guys

Gday and welcome to the forum.

Mate get a spray in tub liner like RHINO or equivalent.

They are not as slippery as the plastic liners so all the stuff you put in the back doesnt slide all

over the shop every time you stop, go, turn, go up hill , down hill, i think you get the picture.

They dont ever have to be removed, they save a little space, last forever, they also rust proof

the tub for ever, there are so many other reasons why i choose to put them in all my utes, and

everyone i have spoke with rate them highly as well, trust me they are worth the extra $$

Hey thanks for the advice. The permanent spray on liners sound like somthing I would go for after I have spent a few years without a tub liner and it is all scratched up, I like the idea of being able to take out the liner. Argh the decision is a hard one.

Hey thanks for the advice. The permanent spray on liners sound like somthing I would go for after I have spent a few years without a tub liner and it is all scratched up, I like the idea of being able to take out the liner. Argh the decision is a hard one.

Don't bother pissing about with tub liners. Either get a spray-on or go without. I had a liner - after 6 months the bloody thing had several kg of wet sand under it. It also dramatically reduced the capacity of the tub - prevented access to taillight globes (yep, whole tub out just to change a globe) - and they're a pain in the arse to install/ remove (any roll bars etc have to come off). I don't use it any more & don't really care about scratching the inside of my tub - when it gets real bad I'll get a spray-on.

Fairly new to the 4x4 myself, but this is what I've found from my experience. Bought my Nav new nearly 12 months ago with an underlip tub liner. Spoke to Nissan about getting an over lip and the guys there recommended I don't because I'll only be disappointed with it (scratches paint away and just generally doesn't fit nicely). The underlip would always warp when left out in the sun and never sat right in the tub. After taking it down to the beach I was still washing sand out from under the liner three months later!

Only recently I decided to remove the underlip and go with the spray in tub liner and it is awesome. I wouldn't even consider a plastic tub liner in future. After seeing the difference a few of my mates are now looking at making the swap too. I obviously haven't had the liner for years so I can't comment on the longevity of it, but from all the research I did it should last longer than the life of the nav.

Back