Navara Diesel won't start after stalling

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FincaTruck

Reaction score
Today I stalled my Navara turbo diesel by slipping the clutch. That was right after the first start in the morning, after 2 days of not driving. Immediately afterwards I wanted to start it, but I couldn't get it to work anymore. The tank has enough diesel. Does anyone have an idea what I can do to find the problem?

We need more information.

Does it make any rapid clicking sounds when you turn the key?

Does the engine still turn over when you try to start it?

If the engine does turn over, pop the bonnet and try using the primer (if it's not a V9X, the V6 diesel). Does it take lots of pumps before it becomes firm, or less than 5?

Yes, the engine still turns over. It takes a couple of pumps (photo 1) to get a bit harder, but I could actually keep pumping. I remember it beeing harder when I once ran out of diesel. I also hear a bubbling sound in the white thing on the right side (see photo 2). Is that normal?
I got it running for a few seconds, when a friend kept pumping....

20230915_153002.jpg
20230915_153448.jpg

That makes it sound like a fuel problem. Try overpriming the system and see if diesel starts coming out of somewhere, like a crack in the hoses. 20 to 30 squeezes ought to be enough to do this.

Latest posts

Back