Navara Noob

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gando

Reaction score
G'day everyone. I've just traded in my trusty old girl ('98 GU 4.5 Turbo with 426,000km) for a 2009 STX Turbo diesel tray back and I'm loving it. Plans are afoot for a lift kit or airbags (the rear leaves are groaning under the weight of toolboxes and misc junk), 265/75's, dual batteries etc etc etc Then I will be looking into all this EGR blanking, DPF deleting, chip installing business. I'm not unhappy with the power she's got now but if there's more on offer I'll be happy to unleash it!

quickest way to get bit more hp is to chip it as it will squirt more juice in thats about it...assuming fuel consumption isnt an issue since ur coming from a 4.5L turbo to a 2.5L ;-)

Welcome Gando, 426,000 kms on the Patrol!!!! holy fark, did it ever spend time in the driveway? good plans, i recently did the EGR mod and think it's a no brainer now. cheers mate.

Thanks for the welcomes guys. I cannot tell a lie... she was on her third motor at that stage! Having said that, it wasn't really the motors that were the problem, just fuel pumps that kept packing up at the most incovenient times (both times she blew were during, shall we say "enthusiastic" accelleration and shifting from first to second whilst starving for fuel as the worn out pump couldn't keep up). Unfortunately, the fact that the fuel pump was on its last legs was really only evident whilst giving her the berries, the biggest give away being the daylight shining through from one side of the block to the other and the trail of Castrol synthetic following me off to the side of the road. Obviously, after the second blow up, I learnt my lesson and did ease off her in her old age!
Fingers croosed for a trouble free run with the Nav but hey, I'm not holding my breath... at least I don't have a clutch to worry about :)

Cheers

Phil

Last edited:
Welcome, if your going to turbo the TB45E always use TB42E rods as there bigger or aftermarket rods.

Dave.

Latest posts

Back