Navara vs roadtrain... Almost.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwolf

Reaction score
G'day all.
Today whilst travelling back from karratha i had a close encounter/ near miss with a navara.
Went like this ........
I was Cruising along at my prescribed max of 100km/h in my truck pulling a road train loaded with cable reels.
I was on the north west coastal hwy heading south between fortesque river and nanutara (WA) when a white ute came into view heading towards me.
As it got closer it became apparent that it was a d21 single cab with an ally tray and looked to be in a pretty good shape so I thought to myself "damn that's in good nick" and "don't see many d21's way out here" by this time she was only about 50 metres away from me when I noticed a small puff of smoke come from the rear and a split second later BANG !!! went the rear tyre.
This caused the rear of the ute to kick out violently towards the scrub meaning the nose was pointing straight at my lead trailer, somehow the driver managed to pull it back a mere handful of cm's from disaster and pulled it up safely onto the roadside.

I gotta take my hat off to the driver it was an awesome save from a potential fatality.
And damn lucky it wasn't a steer tyre that went bang !

Craig

That would of been one very hairy moment for the driver. In all the highway it let go right then, very unlucky. Glad it ended well

-tyler

Latest posts

Back