Need a answer

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How long is a piece of string?

Tyres are all about what you do with them, how you use them and a big part of what people recommend is personal preference which is influenced by many factors. There are plenty of threads already here with peoples personal preference in them but as to what is better I doubt you'll ever find a definitive answer. Welcome to the forums anyway.

Welcome to the forum.

I've not heard much bad about the BFGs except the price. Some people swear by the Coopers and others say they get chipped with chunks coming off them.

Because of the total absence of bad news about the BFGs, we went that way ourselves. I wish I'd waited for 255/70s instead of getting the 265/70s, because now my odometer is out and my fuel consumption has risen.

hi boothy85,

Im currenlty running 265/75/r16 cooper ST on my nav str cant fault em. nearly done 100k on them. i do a shit load of rd driving. cant fault em important to check pressures and rotate regularly. Good luck.

I thought that the more aggressive a tread pattern, the more rolling resistance and therefore more fuel used for the same distance.

Within reason, does the tread pattern have a greater impact on economy than the circumference of the tyre?

I have Cooper LT ATR's on another vehicle & would like to put them on the Navara when the original tyres wear out. The LT's are a bigger diameter & this has me thinking.

While I realise that you are asking about the ST's, The ATR's have done about 85,000k's with lots of heavy towing & are getting to the stage of replacement, probably at 90,000k's. The non LT ATR's that were on the vehicle previously were good for about 50,000k's, largely due to a dodgy wheel alignment.

Never tried BFG.

I run Cooper ST's and have only had 1 get a blow out. Thats out of 3 sets I have had one mine.

They grip well, the next tyres I get will be Cooper ST's aswell.

Another one with Cooper ST's. Their only my first set but much better on road than the factory bridgestones and great offroad. They are a bit noisier though

... on the other hand; I had coopers wear out quicker than I could drink a carton of the namesake beer:sad:

Latest posts

Back