Need another vehicle. Suggestions please.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked it up last night.
Good deal. $10k drive away with 12 months reg, RWC, 4x new Cooper HT's - fitted yesterday, 4x brake rotors also fitted yesterday. !55 000 kms and full service history. Very nice to drive and is as straight as a die. Nothing on it I can fault, but it may need a new exhaust in a year or two because its 10 years old and done its job. Suspension is still original and performs well with onboard air self leveling. Lots and lots of electronic gubbins - its made in the good 'ol USofA and so it bings and bongs at everything. Great ride and comfort. Can't fault it at all.
It all seemed too good to be true when I looked along the panels and went over the paint this morning and could not fault it. Ten years on the road and not so much of a ding or scratch.
But...

Guess who got caught in the massive hailstorm this afternoon!? Tulla was flooded and I parked it in the shrubbery at the Bulla rd exit looking for any sort of protection from the 25-30mm dia hail that was exploding all around us. Couldn't believe my luck that the previous owner managed to keep it in such good condition and within 24hrs I drive it into one of the most damaging hail storms Melbourne has ever experienced. It was deafening and a massive onslaught but from appearances it would seem I might have only got 1 or 2 dimples in it. Whilst sitting by the side of the freeway all I could think about was insurance policies that I had just re-negotiated in the last 48hrs knowing also that not far up the road the Nav was sitting in the driveway. Fortunately Sunbury didn't get the hail so it was safe but the thought of having both vehicles damaged when everything was going along so well made me feel sick.
Great vehicle and Ange loves it. It wont see off road duties though. Its an S.U.V. not a N.A.V.

Guess who got caught in the massive hailstorm this afternoon!? Tulla was flooded and I parked it in the shrubbery at the Bulla rd exit looking for any sort of protection from the 25-30mm dia hail that was exploding all around us. Couldn't believe my luck that the previous owner managed to keep it in such good condition and within 24hrs I drive it into one of the most damaging hail storms Melbourne has ever experienced. It was deafening and a massive onslaught but from appearances it would seem I might have only got 1 or 2 dimples in it. Whilst sitting by the side of the freeway all I could think about was insurance policies that I had just re-negotiated in the last 48hrs knowing also that not far up the road the Nav was sitting in the driveway. Fortunately Sunbury didn't get the hail so it was safe but the thought of having both vehicles damaged when everything was going along so well made me feel sick.

That sucks about the hail mate. I was sitting stationary in the hail too in my other car wishing I was in the Navara because a new body for that costs <$500

I haven't pulled the tarps and inflatable matress off mine yet,when it hit,it hit hard.
I was out side in a tshirt and shorts with my snowboarding helmet on trying to protect the Nav that has been home from the panel beaters for three days.
I'm hoping it's ok.PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

Those Exploders aren't bad Aido,i know a guy that tows a large van with his and it handles it no worries.Bit thirsty he reckons but it gets there.

Latest posts

Back