need info about what to do

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clint Buz

Reaction score
Hi all i have been looking through some of the posts and cant find exactly what im looking for. I have just dropped my D22 off at the shop it has done 14000 kms and when under load it is blowing an absolute s##t load of smoke. I know desiels blow smoke when under load because this is my 5th desiel but none of does it like this one and this is my first brand new car so i thought it shouldn't blow like it does.
Has anyone else been through this kind of thing at there local Nissan shop? What should i expect when they call? and if they cant fix it what sort of action should i take that has been successful for anyone else??
Cheers in advance for any help

If it's black smoke I'd suspect an air blockage. Hard to imagine that the injectors have failed already.

There were some ST-model D40s that had flimsy air intakes between the air filter and the turbocharger. At full boost the hose would collapse, stalling the motor. I wonder if your intake hoses are doing something similar?

cheers for that a didn't think it would be the injectors yet surelly not after 14000 kms i will keep an air blockage in mind and ask them about it if they try to tell me nothing is wrong its normal. Which im sort of expecting so then they dont have to fix anything

Back