Never Trust your Nissan Dealer

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrluver22

Reaction score
Good day mates, I took my d40 for a 125000km service at the dealership I bought my original fuel filter, water trap filter and oil filter from another dealer to cut back on the cost. After the service I test run my nav and found it to be rough idling and every time I accelerated it would go into limp mode. When the "quacks" I mean mechanics at the dealer run a diagnostic the rail was shown as a fault code so they decided to inform me that the rail needs to be changed where as my nav was working properly before the service. So I took it on my own to inspect the fuel system. That is from tank to rail and found that one of the "quacks" left on if the pipes on the rail loose. All I did was got myself a 17mm spanner and tighten it up. And no more limp mode. Saved myself alot of money.

Last edited:
Good outcome, but i dont trust any mechanics when they are trying to charge for big $$ items that all of a sudden go when they have been playing around, not just Nissan will try it on.

I have a few guys i go to and trust fairly well but if they hit me up for stuff like that i would do the same as you and get more opinions to make sure they are on the level. Keeps them honest.

sounds like a ploy to me ! f'n swines ! they diagnose a rail problem and don't notice a lose nut/bolt ! bullshit ! name and shame "I say" !

Jesus guys, it's bloody Friday.

If you need to calm down, take a few minutes to wash your vaginas then come back. :p

Have a good weekend.

Sorry to correct you

Good day mates, I took my d40 for a 125000km service at the dealership I bought my original fuel filter, water trap filter and oil filter from another dealer to cut back on the cost. After the service I test run my nav and found it to be rough idling and every time I accelerated it would go into limp mode. When the "quacks" I mean mechanics at the dealer run a diagnostic the rail was should a fault code so they decided to inform me that the rail needs to be changed where as my nav was working properly before the service. So I took it on my own to inspect the fuel system. That is from tank to rail and found that one of the "quacks" left on if the pipes on the rail loose. All I did was got myself a 17inch spanner and tighten it up. And no more limp mode. Saved myself alot of money.

You need to check your spelling.
17inch spanner for fuel rail pipe?
Is it 17mm instead.

Good day mates, I took my d40 for a 125000km service at the dealership I bought my original fuel filter, water trap filter and oil filter from another dealer to cut back on the cost. After the service I test run my nav and found it to be rough idling and every time I accelerated it would go into limp mode. When the "quacks" I mean mechanics at the dealer run a diagnostic the rail was should a fault code so they decided to inform me that the rail needs to be changed where as my nav was working properly before the service. So I took it on my own to inspect the fuel system. That is from tank to rail and found that one of the "quacks" left on if the pipes on the rail loose. All I did was got myself a 17inch spanner and tighten it up. And no more limp mode. Saved myself alot of money.

Go back and kick the f*&^%$ in the nuts, it won't change anything but it will put a smile on your face.

Why would they touch a pipe on the rail if they're only fitting the items you describe?

They claim that the 125000km service involved cleaning the injectors.

That's news to me. At best they'd toss a bottle of injector cleaner into the tank, but there's absolutely no way they'd pull the injectors out to clean them.

According to Nissan internal documentation, if they crack an injector, they have to replace the entire fuel rail. That's $4K or thereabouts. They won't be doing that in any service without passing on the savings to you!

That's news to me. At best they'd toss a bottle of injector cleaner into the tank, but there's absolutely no way they'd pull the injectors out to clean them.

According to Nissan internal documentation, if they crack an injector, they have to replace the entire fuel rail. That's $4K or thereabouts. They won't be doing that in any service without passing on the savings to you!

Well it seems like they wanted to make me spend some funds on a new fuel rail system

Sounds like time for an email to the dealer service manager asking him to explain the injector cleaning process, giving them no hint of your problem.
Let them back themselves into a corner.
Then email Nissan customer care.
Best be telling us the dealer name.

I think we need a sticky for dodgy dealers eh?

Cleaning the injectors?? I'm a diesel mechanic my self and i can tell you now that there is no way they could have done that, especially with common rail as they have such fine tolerances inside the injector any dirt will basically ruin it, the fuel filter is there for a reason after all. I agree with john, i'd also like to see what they say about the "injector cleaning process"

Sounds like time for an email to the dealer service manager asking him to explain the injector cleaning process, giving them no hint of your problem.
Let them back themselves into a corner.
Then email Nissan customer care.
Best be telling us the dealer name.

I think we need a sticky for dodgy dealers eh?

Guess what it was the Service Manager who told me that they was cleaning the injectors and accidentally left one of the caps loose. I'm writing a letter to the C.E.O.

Latest posts

Back