New ARB front locker news....

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have heard rumours that a front diff out of a Titan will fit in a D40 (heard the motor too), I am going too look into it one day when I get up too that part of my build. Anyone else heard this?

It has the wrong diff ratio. AFAIK no one makes after market crownwheels and pinions.

Apparently they have done it somehow in the us. But you have to use v8 pathfinder driveshafts which are hard to come by

There's always some hurdle to face. If Scotty can shoehorn a bloody GENIII into a D22 then we can surely fit a pair of non-plastic diffs in a D40!

Although, to be honest, if the lockers are a complete diff replacement, maybe we could just look at those?

Does anyone have or know anyone who has an Eaton/Harrop eLocker?? I'm considering getting one of these but haven't heard too much about them.

I like the idea of not having to stuff around with compressors, air lines etc.

Just ordered the front air locker for my d40 will be here on Friday hopefully fitted early next week i already have the rear done so the only thing what will stop me now is ground clearance
There is 2 part numbers for auto and manual for the auto you will need RD181
I have already broken a front drive shaft going up steep rutted track so this should help out by not having to use right boot to get up now i should be able to just crawl up
Let you all know how it goes next week

good one mate. Think you will be unstopable now.. Let me know how it goes as i am thinking thinking thinking....... I wish....lol. Would love the front one but its hard to stomach $1800--$2000. How mutch did it cost you????

Id also be interested to know how much for the air locker without installation

good one mate. Think you will be unstopable now.. Let me know how it goes as i am thinking thinking thinking....... I wish....lol. Would love the front one but its hard to stomach $1800--$2000. How mutch did it cost you????

The locker was $1179 and $504 for fitting. ARB are also giving you the small compressor as some bonus thing so you save a bit of $$$

Hi robbos40 Did you need any new bearings in the front diff. i needed them when i did the rear one. an extra $280 from memory... not sure but they seem a bit expensive... I payed $1200 +500 fitting as well... Would probably source bearings myself and supply if doing the front...

The carrier bearings can break when they're removed for swapping over. Some installers insist on fitting new ones rather then spending the time trying to get the others off.

Hi robbos40 Did you need any new bearings in the front diff. i needed them when i did the rear one. an extra $280 from memory... not sure but they seem a bit expensive... I payed $1200 +500 fitting as well... Would probably source bearings myself and supply if doing the front...

Ute will be ready to pick up this arvo if I can get there they haven’t said anything about any extras for bearings. When the rear locker fitted I didn’t have to have new bearings fitted

I had mine installed today can't wait to get out for a run. I already had the rear with the big compressor so they gave me around $120 off as the had the free compressor deal going. It was unstoppable with the rear so I should be able to climb a wall now.

went out for a quick spin last night to one of the harder hill climbs near my place i always have to winch up to get around the deep wash outs and ruts but with the front and rear locker on i drove up i couldn't believe the difference that it has made didn't get time for a pic on the way up but managed to get one on the way back down

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 149

Latest posts

Back