new car question (tow bar)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russell

Reaction score
Hi people I managed to see my new truck come into the car yard of the car trailer notice that it already had the tow bar on less the tongue it also still had that white plastic stuff on the roof and bonnet which means to me that it just came off the boat ,question is why am i paying the car yard for a tow bar fit when there is one already in place.

it's been fitted as a factory option, not a dealer option, either way, someone had to fit it at some stage

Yes I understand that ,what gets up my nose is that the dealer told me they were fitting it and i am quite shaw that it would be cheaper coming from the factory.

Honestly I'd rather all my accessories factory fitted considering some of the losers the dealers let loose on peoples cars.

Honestly I'd rather all my accessories factory fitted considering some of the losers the dealers let loose on peoples cars.

I totally agree some dealers are terrible i am just thinking I am being had here with the price i am paying for them to install said tow bar when it is already fitted by nissan and if there bulxxxxxx about that what else are they doing.

yeah, i see your point mate, price wise, some accessories don't differ in price whether factory or dealer fitter while others are generally cheaper when factory fitted. i guess the dealer is the only one that can answer your question, hit them up and see what they say mate

in saying that, the plastic is generally left on until pre-delivery go over the car and get it ready for delivery, so the dealer may have fitted the tow bar but PD haven't gone over it yet

I remember Subaru used to fit some accessories at their holding yards, or at least thats what I was told when I bought my RS, front grille and bumper were fitted in Australia or something probably BS though.

i wonder where the towbars are actually made.
typically they are locally made to local rules. even if they have a nissan sticker on them.

Hayman Reese make some of the best towbars in the country and make most of the oem towbars.

the brand name Hayman Reese and pos don't belong in the same sentence mate.

At least hayman reese use 60mm x 60mm seamless RHS from one steel. Many manufacturers out there are using cheap shitty over seas steel often from India

Hayman Reese were manufacturing the Navara towbars that were "Nissan" branded - they did it to a specification and a price point.

The current recall for towballs is not just about the chassis - it's the hitch, and how it mounts to the chassis.

To the OP - make sure your hitch has more than 3 mounting bolts on each chassis before you go towing with it!

Latest posts

Back