new clutch maybe?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navboi22

Reaction score
Yesterday i did a water crossing wasnt to deep and after that when i pushed the pedal in i heard a arrrgghhh and sqeek sound. what can that be? MY clutch pedal is a bit hard to push in, truck has 196000km on it. maybe need a new clutch?

Did you use the clutch while in the water ? That can cause damage it's most likely a thrust bearing I'd say but I could be wrong. Even with a squeeking thrust bearing you could still have a fair bit of life in it. But to replace the thrust bearing you might as well do the full clutch kit while its all apart.

nah didnt have the clutch pushed in while crossing. This is the one i went threw.

Last edited:
if it's still making noises, a video could help...
or it could just be the clutch pedal which likes to squeak a lot on D22s :shoot:

Are you sure it was not a pulley belt screeching from the water contact?

Nah mate its not the pully belt.. and yes my clutch is still working no problems its just that squeeking noise. I greased and WD-40 the pedal and everything that can be greased... so im guessing its something inside the clutch. maybe it is the time for a new one. oh yea and while we are on the topic, if i do get it changed will the 2inch body lift i have be an issue to change it? thing of space and the pull off etc.

Last edited:
Body lift will probably help. you need to remove the cross member which means taking the torsion bars off. its not the depth of water but the speed would of created pressure. it may of sent water and crap into the bell housing. there is a small hole at the bottom of the housing and I have had sand go in there and create issues on an older car.

Back