new d22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jbob223

Reaction score
hey everyone ive recently purchased a new d22 and ive just noticed if i put the steering at full lock and say go up a gutter its makes a real loud grinding sort of noise in the front end somewhere has anyone else had this happen i only have to drive about 10-20ks for it to happen. and help appreciated thanks.

Welcome to the forums.

I try not to use full lock no matter what I am doing but can you pin point where the sound is coming from?

They all do it once the nylon steering stops wear out. New stops or a bit of grease.

thanks for reply sorry i should have given more info, the car is brand new and it only done 260ks the noise comes from the passenger side near the front wheel somewhere when the steering is locked turning towards the driver side if that makes sense.

they don't take long to wear the stops out if you turn regularly on full lock. i don't think i've ever used full lock on mine, or if i have it hasn't been on bumpy ground because i've never heard the sound. in saying that the caps on mine look worn through, but they have a fair bit of grease on them. have a read through that link i posted above, it has all the information you need

Latest posts

Back