New D40 Model - when is it due in Aust

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prokiwi

Reaction score
Hi all , does anyone know when the new Navara platform is due . My dealer told me 2013 in December last year , now he has gone quiet and wont commit.

??
I am ready too buy new but would rather wait if there is a new platform out shortly.

What do you call the new Navara?

They are changing the models around a bit and moving more of the building to Spain but essentially the only two models are the 550 with the 6 pot diesel and the 2.5 litre 4 pot. The 2.5 has model variants with added blingy bits depending on the model but that's about the only changes I have heard about.

No havent heard a single thing or seen any sort of prototype which normally run around the show circuit a few years before production, so i would say your dealer may be full of s..t??

I have however seen the prototype of the new PATHFINDER and it is not only ugly but has lost the transfer case and has become a full on "soft roader"

I got my info from a Fleet guy who I buy 100+ vehicles a year off ..he is a Nissan senior employee and mentioned for me to wait late last year. It was when I spoke to my usualdealer I was advised if I was going to buy one for myself to wait till early 2013 when a whole new Navara was announced.

I believe both bits of info to be accurate

Mate if you are so confident in them, then why ask us mere mortals??

I just wonder why we all new about the new Patrol a few years ago, and why we know about the new Pathy before its release none of which really have much to do with this forum, BUT yet not a single person has herd of a new NAVARA???

I know Toyota have plans for a new design of Hilux??

I know Toyota have plans for a new design of Hilux??

Its just another "facelift" to make it ancap 5 star compatible, apparently the mines won't buy them atm due to a 4 star ancap rating.

the guys on new hilux claim a new model isn't due until 2016, toyota would be mad to spend millions developing one so early anyway, they have a ridiculously large market share with hilux and its derivatives (vigo, fortuner ect). Nissan to might I add, afaik the D40 and its derivatives sells quite well.

Last edited:
yeah having just bought a new D40 I did due dilligance to ensure there wasn't a new odel on the near horizon. Nothing found. Not even any chat.

Best I counld find was: the D40 did undergoe some running changes underneath for the MY2012, namely updates to front and rear suspension strength.

And yes, Hilux is a "rushed" safety upgrade in hope of retaining some mining business. About time Toyota was forced to drop their arrogant business model for commercial vehicles in Oz.

Hilux, is only 4 star cause it has a rear lap sash seat belt, afaik anyway, like the SR with safety pack has pretty much everything the 5 star rated utes have, I'd like them to put the engine and drivetrain from the prado into it though, would make it so much better having lower diff ratios, a 6 speed manual/5 speed auto and 410nm.

There supposed to be a new generation navara due 2014 or early 2015, i found on google some where about it a while ago.I just purchased a new st navara and asked the dealer bout it, and he just got back from a conferance in brisbane where they mentioned the new gen navara, but they didnt tell them alot about it.

Asked my mate today, he said there is a new pathfinder for next year and the new Infinity V6. But nothing for the Nav.
Oh yeah his a sale manager at Nissan dealer.

Google new generation navara and it will come up with a little info on the new pathfinder and talk of the new generation navara

I did that and only came up with old information with the most recent being from the Paris Motor show where it was said

The Navara (pictured) is Nissan Australia's top selling vehicle, accounting for around third of all sales, and it's possible we could see a restyled version of the next generation Navara – expected to debut in 2015 – wearing Renault badges, though Mr van den Acker wouldn't elaborate on the plans.

http://www.motoring.com.au/news/2012/commercial/renault/paris-motor-show-renault-considers-navara-based-ute-32782

But google results will vary machine to machine.

I found more info on it ages ago other then that ,and when I went and bought my navara December last year I asked the nissan dealer when the new generation navara was coming, he said they just got back from a conference in Brisbane the day before where they said there was one coming ,but nissan wouldn't give them a lot of info bout it but probably be 2014/2015, I will try and find where I saw it

Hi Guys ... anyone heard any news as to Navara updates for 2014?

My lease on my 2010 ST is coming to an end in March and I'm thinking about replacing it with the current ST model (my third new Navara) however noting that the D40 has been around a while thinking there might be an update this year? (D42?)

Cheers,

Back