New D40 owner

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WayneD40

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been lurking for the last couple of weeks reading up on the D40, and this afternoon picked up my (new to me) D40 ST-X. It's got a few mods already, including bulbar, snorkel, spotties, winch, lift and canopy.

It's my first fourby and I have plans for a few other mods already, thanks to the forums. One thing I've noticed so far is the mud tyres on it are unbearably loud. It's got maxxis bighorn 764s and at 60ks you can't have a convo in the car without yelling. Surely that can't be normal? It resonates in the cabin like the massive cannon exhaust my mate had when we were 18.

Other than that, very happy with the car and can't wait to get it off road!

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new vehicle.

Can't help with the muddies but noise is the reason I went with an AT.

Sorry missed the Muddies part. LOL.

As said more aggressive the tires the louder they are. I have aggressive A/Ts pretty loud but not as bad as some muddies.....

Turns out the front passenger bearings were shot. New hub from repco and an hour later, the noise is much better! Muddies definitely have some noise, but this was unbearable.

never will i buy nissan again

Mate hope you have a better d40 then me i brought mine new nothing but trouble clutch cant keep front wheels alined dust in all door seals tubro lag bent chassis from new at the factory l have been on dirt for no more then about 5 kms they say they stick in 4wd alot to keep a eye on your front windows too they stop working mine has only 18000 on the clock I WILL NEVERbuy a nissan again the after sales service is crap sorry just saying

Back