New guy from Vic

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mozza

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been a lurker for a a few months, but thought I'd at least introduce myself now; definately seems a much better place than forums where I've previously been a member..

Name is Glenn, I'm from Bacchus Marsh, in Victoria.... Close enough to the Wombat Forest if I feel the need to have a bit of a cruise through the bush. I work (for 8 months of the year anyway) for the D.S.E, and am based at Macedon. Hot tip for any 4wd trips out to Cobaw Ranges - DON'T! I've been out there with work quite a few times since we had all the rain and the place is washed out badly, the blokes who look after it just simply cannot keep up with the erosion issues!

The car is a D22 STR. A big difference to my previous turbo Skylines, but now I need to tow a trailer more often than not, the old skyline simply wasn't gonna cut it. It's a el-stocko ute, with driving lights and a hard-top. I have a UHF to go in, and I reckon that'll be my project for the next free weekend.

I'll probably go back to lurking for a bit, at least until I get some AT's on the old girl, but I may run into some of you fellas around the Wombat.

Cheers

Glenn. :cheers!:

Hey mate, welcome, there's a few trips kickin around that you may be able to do el stocko. Keep an eye out in the vnog section, under Victoria, we were in wombat last weekend. If you have any queries with the UHF let us know or just do a search, plenty of threads on it.
Cheers

Welcome and thanks for the heads on on the Cobaws, unfortunately a bit too late, we found out the hard way just how bad the track are and the amount of tree's downed.

Hmmm Cobaws.....yep I concur!
Check out our last trip just after XMAS :banghead:

No need to lurk Glenn. The Viccos on the forum as you may have seen are very active and cater to all vehicles and get together regularly. This weekend for instance at the 4x4 expo in Wandin to peruse new products and woof down a few bangers in bread. We are far from "Hardcore" and just enjoy getting out into the bush......in fact it would be advantageous to have someone from the DSE to fill us in with your knowledge of the bush and local area.
I love Wombat and have done a fair bit of research on the history, flora and fauna. I love getting out there but not so keen on 5ft deep bogholes.
Stick around and welcome

Adrian

Oh and we are not trying to recruit you to some sort of "Navara Cult".......although it looks like it from the above posts :smile:

:dito:

Welcome Glenn.

Come and join in with the VNOG lads anytime. They do hang out at Wombat from time to time and I'm looking forward to getting over there at some stage.

We might not be hardcore 4WD but late at night when Navarian and Scottybobcat bring out the cable ties, gladwrap and honey things get a bit hardcore.

:shocked:

And then there's WoodyD40............................. the cult figure!

:lol:

Enjoy the forum mate.

Hahaha thanks for the welcome fellas.

I'm not one of these hardcore 4x4 guys either - prefer a bit of touring, checking out stuff I've not seen before, or saw years ago when the olds dragged us around in an old D21.

Hopefully see ya's at the next cul.... forum cruise/tour etc :big_smile:

Jesus mozza, never thought we'd hear from you again after the crap everyones talking in here!!!
Where in Vic are ya?
We'll have to plan another day trip soon...

Oh yeah Bacchus marsh, that's right, I'm gonna have nightmares tonight I rekkon. It'll go something along the lines of a bunch of Internet nerds making pig squeal noises around a campfire! Haha, mozza, day trips only mate, don't sleep over!!!!

Latest posts

Back