New guy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Balis0r

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just purchased myself an 08 STR D22 and cannot wait to get into some 4wding, being on apprentice wages the mods will be spaced far apart but planning on starting on the little ones first.
I've been reading the forums for a week or so nonstop but thought i'd finally say hi!

Looking forward to reading some more posts, having a chat and hopefully meeting some of the members to pick your brains on who knows what haha I'm from Castle Hill in Sydney so let me know if anyone is near by =]

Welcome to the forums.

I used to be near by, I lived off Francis St 11 years ago :big_smile:

Welcome to the forum mate.

Im nearby at schofields, A few of us are heading to Gardens of stone (just past lithgow) on the 11th of may. Stock cars welcome.

Look at the nsw thread and we will keep you updated.

Have fun with the nav and keep us up to date

Thanks guys, will definately keep an eye on the NSW thread.

Just wondering, I've got a few ideas but what should I change on the Nav first and foremost (safety and carcare wise)? I've reading along the lines of a catch can, turbo timer or boost gauge.. any ideas?

first and foremost, it depends on what you want mate, what are you planning on doing with the car? camping ? lots of 4wding?

Welcome mate.. Upload a pic of it mate and as above what do u plan on doing with it..

thanks boots,
Still getting the hang of attaching stuff so i hope it worked lol

Attachments

• 136645837.jpg
    136645837.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 43
  • 538053_10151582280531343_2055623966_n.jpg
    538053_10151582280531343_2055623966_n.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 41
id go for a 4wd trip or 2, and see what you think the vehicle needs. best to gauge it first. personally id look at lift/tyres, bash plates and snorkel are probably some of the best investments you will make.

it's got some relatively new BFG A/T's atm but I'm definately keen for a lift and snorkel, thinking of buying one from nizzbits for $350... any ideas how much a bash plate would cost?

bash plates vary from brand to brand, have a look through the forum for peoples opinions on them. Ones of the top of my head are, Brown Davis, Ironman. Also ScottyBobCat makes some in the forum.

Roughly around the $250-350 mark i believe. meaning to get some myself!

Nizzbits snorkel ive seen some good reviews if you can afford it get the prefilter bypass aswell! gets better airflow and easier to seal up aswell!

yeah I found that one aswell, it says "will NOT fit snorkel model" in the description but I think someone on the forums modified theirs to fit the snorkel by chopping it and using the existing pipe so it could work out

Latest posts

Back