New lockers for D40 coming

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Instead of using a compressor and pneumatic valve to engage, it uses a electric solenoid.
One benefit is you don't have to run a compressor or air lines for your locker. A work mate has them on his patrol (they were there when he bought it 11 years ago) and has not had a problem with them.
However with any diff lock system, you need to engage them before you really need them other wise if you got both wheels spinning at two very different speeds and you suddenly lock up your diff the sudden strain has the very real potential of snapping your axle as a best case scenario or worst case mincing the inside of your diff.

I'd be interested to know if they intend marketing one for the front diff of the D40.....apparently ARB have tried to manufacture an air locker without success. I'm currently fitted for but not with...for the air locker...because at the time I had my rear one fitted the front one was just "a few months away from completion"....and I'm still waiting.

I it was bumped so scotty could find it and read it.
dont know how put hellip? was thet you sparra when you had my phone lol?

Yep, but it uses helical gears instead of clutches, much stronger and they don't wear out.

I have an Eaton / Harrop Trutrac in my XR8 and its a waste of money....they only work if the wheels are loaded..that way the small helical gears will move radially and lock... the trick to get them to lock is use your handbrake or footbrake.

Well Dave can't be in the poll cause he only turned up 2 hours before we all went home or bed.
We where all joking about that Dave would turn up after we'd left and we left the tavern at about 11:30 then he did LOL.. only 5 an a half hours late

Latest posts

Back