New Member - Ipswich, QLD

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank

Reaction score
Hey Guys

Recently joined the Nissan Patrol forum (Amelia) as my other half has a 2006 4.2ltr Inter Cooled Turbo Diesel Ute. Figured since I own a Navara (2007 D40 RX Turbo Diesel) that I'd better track you guys down and join in :)

Bought my ute about 3mths ago and since then have changed the tub (2009 ST .. and yes, slightly different colour even tho the codes are aparently the same), put mag wheels on it & tinted the windows. Aparently he now looks 'Gay' and as such my daughter called him "Frank" as in Frankenfurta!! LMAO

Looking forward to poking around the threads and saying HI :)
Cheers
Sharen

Welcome to the forum Sharen!!! so do you and the other half have to flip a coin when you go 4x4ing as to whos truck to take?? lol

cheers
bryan

Welcome to the forum!

I guess sunlight does have an effect on paint over time. Pollutants and dirt wouldn't help either. I know mine's not the same colour that it was when I bought it, but mud has a lot to do with that!

The sun is what I've put it down to as the new tub was taken off brand new (she had a tray put on hers & stored this tub) plus I had to add and electric switch for the fuel cap - Nissan told me the flaps would just swap over (as mine was key open) but alas the flaps were different sizes - just.

Also got mirrors & door handles painted white, got a chrome grill & had the black honeycomb plastic in grill painted white - looks hot so long as you don't get up close & and again notice the difference in the white LOL

AND no, haven't had to flip a coin yet as only been out twice (as I said very new to all this) - Bribie Island first time & we took the kids + both cars. 2nd time just the 2 of us went camping up at the Coolooa coast for 3 days and took the Patrol - learnt to do my first ever donut!! Shhh in the sand if course LMFAO!!

image-2336817288.jpg

Sorry - wasn't the honeycomb bit painted - just the bits you can see

image-3058466354.jpg

This pic was taken the day before I put the sports bars on ... LOL

Welcome Sharen.

Is the TF Rodeo staying stay and the pickup ?

Nice D40 by the way, looks good.

Welcome Sharen.

Is the TF Rodeo staying stay and the pickup ?

Nice D40 by the way, looks good.

The rodeo was traded in on the Patrol about 6wks ago and the pick up is for sale not that Brad wants to part with her - she's a restoration job and he just doesn't have time/$$ to spend on her.

And thanks, I love my Navara!! (but I'm biased) :big_smile:

Gday and :welcome: ...

must be a bit quieter there now with no F1-11's buzzing the neighbourhood.

Krankin said:
Gday and :welcome: ...

must be a bit quieter there now with no F1-11's buzzing the neighbourhood.

Doubtful, the F/A-18F's are louder than the F/1-11's ever were. (at least thats what people tell me)

F18 much louder BUT my ex husband is exRAAF, been listening to planes one way or another for past 10yrs - just tune out most of the time. Plus leaving him last year and moving to Chuwar has gotten me further away from the flight path 😃

jimmy_jay89 said:
not Chuwar, anything but Chuwar

LOL why? Hmmm marital home 3brm, brick on an acre that has flooded twice now (once I was standing armpit deep in dirty muddy water ) Vs brand new 4brd on top of a hill !! I may get flooded in but I'll be high & dry :)~

Doubtful, the F/A-18F's are louder than the F/1-11's ever were. (at least thats what people tell me)

yeah they are loud but personally i wouldnt say louder
and at 25000+ lb of thrust with afterburner (F111) to the 17500 lb with afterburner on the F/A-18 @ each engine, the 'Pig" makes some mighty racket,
though,
the Superhornet now based at Amberley, replacement for the F111 comes in at 22000 lb afterburner thrust @ each engine... spose much of a muchness....too loud if ya dont like that sort of thing

Ahhhh, they're all mighty and loud....F111 rocks....:rock:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back