New member try again

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YBOD

Reaction score
Mmmm are weeks ago I uploaded a "new Member" post but it appears to be have disappeared. Not too sure why, must have pressed the wrong button somewhere along the way.

Anyway, lets try again, after all its a bit rude to be mooching around asking questions without being polite enough to introduce myself.

Names Steven but on most forums I use the handle YBOD. Stands for Yellow Box of Doom as it was my nickname at the 4x4 club I drove with in Dubai. Combination of the bright yellow rebreather I dived and the right yellow FJ Cruiser I drove.

I am a pomme and been living in Australia for three years now, started out living in Sydney (like far too many pommes gravitated towards Manly) but after six months we moved to Warners Bay were the cost of living and the quality of life far better.

I bought my 2012 D40 at the begining of October. She is my my fifth Nissan in six trucks so you could say I'm a Nissan stalwart. All my others have been Patrols (three 4.8LWB GUs, a 4.8SWB GU and a RB30 GQ) spread out over 11 years. I made the switch to the Navara because with have decided we wanted to travel around a lot more and the distances involved in Australia require a reliable truck. It was simple economics, I couldn't afford a brand new GU but I was offered a new D40 for a very good price by a Nissan Dealer in Kempsey. In the past I did a lot of off roading/dune bashing/rock crawling and ran the second hand patrols because they are so tuff. However now the family and I are heading more down the camping and touring route and so the Navara seemed the better all round package; new, reliable (hopefully), far more fuel efficient and still strong enough to go off road (albeit more subdued)

Anyway, the truck is still fairly stock, only modifications so far are a steel bull bar, second battery, air compressor and custom steel hard cover on the tub The list of modifications I want to do (as funds allow.......so vary slowly with a family) are much longer but include sunraysias rims and bigger tyres, 2inch lift and heavy springs to allow me to fit my winch, driving lights and UHF.

So here's a few pictures, and look forward to tapping your collective brains along the way to building her up to exactly what we want.

20121118_131946.jpg

Here she is from the front, bull bar is a Nissan bar from a R51/2010 D40 picked up off eBay for a bargain price after the dealer was unable to identify a winch bar specifically for the 2012 D40. I have a super winch waiting to be fitted but am holding off because the weight of the bullbar alone has caused sag at the front. Therefore going to wait until I can afford the suspension upgrade before fitting.

Last edited:
Here's the custom Alu hard cover I have on the rear. It's another EBay bargin which provides the security of a hard cover but also provides in excess of 200kg load carrying capacity; almost as useful as a tray back.

20121118_131425.jpg

20121118_131536.jpg

I've also made up some struts to hold the cover up while travelling with the dogs in the back (I refuse to let them in the cab regardless of the wife's protests):

20121222_122948.jpg

20121222_122937.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, I've no idea how to make the pictures a reasonable size. All those came from the sae camera and all posted via the same blog. Anybody any ideas how to fix the size?

Welcome New Menber

Hi nice truck, welcome, Is that a Thailand Navara? How's it going? I"ve got a 2007 D40 2.5 TD. living in Nth west of Sydeny at the foot of the Blue Mountains
Dave:redcool::redcool::tazzy:

G'day YBOD,

Welcome aboard and i hope you enjoy this fantastic forum and its members!

Regards,

RLI
:shotgun:

Latest posts

Back