Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bowie

Reaction score
Hi All, new member & hope I'm in the right area re post. Have had a 2011 Navara D 40 King Cab RX since new and only mods are OL Bullbar and toolboxes under tray. Have an alloy tray and in process of fabricating canopy in readiness for camping/touring. Have found it a bit heavy on diesel but will speak to dealer next service re same.

Would like to hear from other D40 owners re cool mods such as lift kits, snorkels, etc and pros and cons re same.

Welcome to the forums.

What do you call 'a bit heavy' on diesel? There has been quite a few KC owners suggest their economy figures are high and they can't be lowered but there has been some more recent owners who are quoting as good or better figures than the average DC.

Welcome to the forum.

I'm also interested in what you mean by "a bit heavy on diesel". The ute is not aerodynamic at all, so at speed it'll fly just like a brick with wheels.

As for mods, there are many different ways you can change/enhance your vehicle. OurD40's suggestion of perusing the garages and build threads is an excellent one - there are many of us that have done things to our cars that might help, or at least inspire you!

Tnx I will look through a few garages for ideas. As to 'bit heavy on diesel' I'm currently getting about 550 from tank pre-warning light. I'm still watching figures. Next service will speak to dealer.
Part of problem could be right foot as previous has a non-turbo Triton which was a bit of a slug.

Have a look through the economy thread in the D40 section, unfortunately a lot of the solutions to better economy do rest with the driver and the right foot and it's often to do with the whole driving of the vehicle not just how you take off and stop.

If it's something mechanical there has been reports over the years of KC owners getting injectors replaced, ECU resets and who knows what else when they've found a Nissan dealer who listens but many of them never really found a solution as to why their KC's weren't preforming the same as the DC's. Although we've got a few KC owners on here now reporting good economy figures so something seems to have change.

Latest posts

Back