Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mclarkavms

Clackers
Reaction score
Howdy and thanks for letting me join this forum. I own a 2012 ST-X 550 with the V6 Diesel. It has an extended chassis with a third axil installed (lazy) which brings the GVM up to around 4.2 tonne. I use this for my slide in Palamino camper which has a dry weight of around 750kg. I cruise on around 100 Kph and it has great response if I need to pass a truck. I’ve taken it up some pretty steep rocky slopes and noticed the 4x4 low gear is not all that low compared with say Toyota that have a very low 4x4 that can literally crawl up those steep hills. The extra chassis length and lazy 3rd axil probably don’t help either for traction (might have to unlazy that 3rd axil :) ). I do notice too that there is a distinct sulfury diesel smell that also makes it into the cab if I don’t have the aircon on recirculate. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced that with this model?

Welcome aboard.

It sounds like there's something leaking in your engine bay - there should be dark or even damp spots visible underneath and tracing that upwards should get you close to the source.

Low range increases the output gear ratio by about 2.6 times. I don't know what the Hilux transfer case is like. I've never had an issue with the increased torque - but mine's an auto as well, which makes the line less distinct.

Latest posts

Back