New nav owner, first 4b

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WayneG

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Just purchased my first 4x4 and it's a 02 D22 turbo diesel navara. So I signed up to your forum & thought I'd say hi. Immediate plans are 2" body, 2" suspension and some 33's on black sunnies.

Welcome to the forum!

Before I forget, don't forget to never, ever engage 4WD on solid surfaces (even wet ones). Snow, sand, loose dirt/gravel, mud, water crossings = no worries. But if you can feel the thing binding up, you're stretching the transfer chain.

Unlike "All Wheel Drive" vehicles, there's no limited-slip device between the front and rear axles, so turning the vehicle in 4WD mode will require that one end or the other will have to spin the wheels ever so slightly. If the surface is too grabby, it will translate that force into the transfer case and stretch the chain on you.

welcome. no doubt you'll get the 4b bug and want to go out and have fun. if you do

1: Dont go alone (2x 4wd) preferably a nissan than a toyota ;-p
2: recovery gear

Thanks guys. Took it for a run on the beach over the weekend. That was good fun. But I will have to invest in some tyre deflators I think. Took forever to let them down enough but not too much.

Thanks guys. Took it for a run on the beach over the weekend. That was good fun. But I will have to invest in some tyre deflators I think. Took forever to let them down enough but not too much.

Gidday Wayne, and welcome to the forum.

Tyre deflators are a great idea. Also get a GOOD tyre pressure gauge and also a good 12v air compressor. My advise is dont go cheap on the Air Compressor - it takes time to re-inflate 4 tyres, compressors do tend to heat up during operation, so you dont want a compressor that will break down on you the first time u use it. Just ask ScottyBobcat ....

I have a compressor ready to go actually. My mates family used to run an NRMA roadside assistance franchise. When they finished up and stripped the gear out of the vehicles I was lucky enough to be given a compressor. It's actually a twin 12v compressor setup with about a 9 litre tank. Should be able to get the tyres back up in no time.

I'm yet to look for a good spot to install it. I was thinking hidden up under the tray but I don't think that'll be good for water crossings. And I don't want to take up tray space with it. I know there's space behind the back seat, but I'm putting subs there. I wonder if there's any space under the back seat base...

Latest posts

Back