New Navara D40 Owner

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4x4 fun

Reaction score
G'day fellas,

Just thought i would say hello as i am a new member to this forum. I have always enjoyed going offroad with my mates and have finally decided to get a 4x4 myself. I finally put down a deposit on a new Navara D40 St, the question that i have for you blokes with experience is that the dealer is really recommending that i get the paint protection and window tints, i was wondering id it really worth getting the paint protection or will it be ok as long as i look after the car? Look forward to hearing from you guys.

Did you snap up one of the specials over the weekend? I also put a deposit on one over the weekend as well. Great deals right now. The dealer I went to didn't even speak to me about the after sales paint protection and window tint, was a great experience to buy a new car and not hassled about this stuff!!

Save the $$$ they will over charge you on the window tint, and organise it yourself.

Metalised tint with a lifetime warranty is or should be about $500 for a dual cab.

Grab the tint but get a price from your local mob and make him beat the price. Ended up getting the Mrs new car tinted for cost to match the local guys.

Paint protection I never bothered with because I like to wax the car myself. As malicious says that's your choice though.

Remember you can get all the accessories fitted at the dealership and have it covered under their warranty... But do your research f first on pricing

Hey Gp_guy,

yeah i snapped up the specials they had on the weekend with the added bonus that i was able to get a better price than their specials and also got them to throw in a tub liner plus the factory extras that they were offering. They are quoting me $395 with the darkest tint legally available but i will be getting quotes from a few local guys.

cheers

4x4 fun, awesome. I got the tub liner and a tonneau, plus the free stuff they were offering. Also asked them to change the chrome sports bar to a matt black one. In a roundabout way I got a better price too, got some elevated trade in value which I needed.

Welcome to the forum.

Paint protection is bullshit. It costs them under $100 and they spray it on with a pump sprayer from Bunnings. It's gone after the second wash. A good carnuba wax or consider something from Zaino. The only reason most of them actually make the sale is either the distraction from the pair selling it to you, or that you've never been stung by the shit before and don't know better.

Latest posts

Back