New Patrol

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siringo

Reaction score
Looked at a new Patrol the day, they're bloody huge. They look very wide, much wider than the GU's.

The one I was looking at was the second poorest one. Salesman said it was $85K. Top of the range is $120K.

I can see those Saudi dudes belting up and down dunes in 'em now, rolling 'em and just leaving em in the desert.

Have a friend who went over to Dubai. She said the airport carpark is littered with abandoned vehicles. They buy 'em and dump 'em at the airport coz it's easier than arranging long term parking!!

There we go, I 'off-threaded' my own thread. :offtopic3: :confused2:

I had a brief look at one the other day. shame its Petrol only.

The sales guy said Nissarn are still making the GU (or whatever it is) because Nissan know people wont buy the new ones to 4WD in, plus, as you say Brad, there's no diesel model.

The new ones really are, as us Mexican's say 'Toorak Tractors'.

Oooh, the salesman did say, they're made to compete against the Lexus 4WD.

With fuel economy just shy of 20L per 100km I'm surprised anyone would buy one...

According to the PDF it's 14.5 combined, which in the real world should actually be lower and that's not bad from a V8 petrol.

Hmm, yeah dunno. Just saw that on their website. Yeah 14.5 is fine for that type of car. I was told by my a relative who works at a Nissan dealership that it was like 19.something. He reckons they were all looking at it going WTF when it first came in.

I had a look at one the other day and had on the sticker 11lt per 100km on the open road driving and 14.5 combined city/open road driving and it was higher for straight city driving but carnt remember what that said.i didn't think that was to bad for such a big vehicle with a v8 petrol

Even 18 ltrs per 100 k sounds ok to me, Its a big car with a V8 petrol. People who buy a $120000 car dont have to worry about fuel economy anyway.

My d22 nav uses 18 liters per 100k with my work trailer during the week.Id probably get better economy towing with the new patrol than I do with my turbo diesel nav!

This is the same motor from the Nissan Titan they've been running in the USA and the average economy for it is 17.7 L/100km for the 2012 model.

As said its aimed at very wealthy ppl. Like my girlfriends aunty's husbands boat, two v8 turbo diesel's using who knows how many Lts/ min. Doesn't matter to him.
You have to wonder where this is headed. Both Nissan and Toyota going off the charts for most of us. Well me anyway.

Last edited:
nothing wrong with 298kw v8 as long as its fuel efficient, as for the rest of the car, its a what were they thinking car in my eyes, looks ugly, no diesel option, costs to much, weighs to much, just absolutely ridiculous.

I like toyota's v8 diesel idea more though for the 70 and 200 series, Nissan should really have put the V6 navara diesel in the patrol, despite them always saying they won't its almost like some sort of pride thing, they can't develop a really good diesel engine in house but won't use one already available to them... madness. Could be my imagination but Nissan has not been instilling alot of faith in me as far as a manufacturer that is going to go the distance in the car industry.

Now if they were to put that V8 motor in the cab chassis patrol.... :devil:

Latest posts

Back