New Tyres for my D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mate, as i said both tyres are great, so you cant go wrong really.
I would way up how much off road work you do, if its 50% both on and off then go for a more aggressive A/T(maybe even a M/T), BUT if your off road less then that go for an A/T like the BFG as they really are great all rounder and you will get your moneys worth in wear out of them.
The next thing is, if you only go off road for a weekend or two once a year then you would more than likely be better off with a H/T

I guess im kind of leaning towards what i know with the BFG or the 694, still no one has really mentioned to coopers but from other sites i read that they dont handle that well on road in the wet, which with a loaded ute is probably something i'll need

I think you'll find Dave reckons the Coopers handle good under all conditions. I have no idea what thread's he might have said that in (there is so many) but I'm sure he reckons Coopers are the ducks nuts.

But don't take his word for it he's not here to defend himself.

and then to confuse matters even more i went to a tyre joint today and he goes mate put the cooper stmaxx on, great tyre....................ARGHHHHHHHHH

anyone running Mt atz 4 ribs???

Just put a set of 265 70 R17 MTZ on my 2012 D40 (pictures will follow when I finally get it from the dealer). I had 2 sets of ATZ 265 65 R16 on my current 2007 D40, got 90,000 km (5 rib) off my first set and 60,000 km off current ones (4 rib).

Love the Mickey Thompsons, heaps of guys I know at fitting them now.

Regarding Mickey Thompsons i love my 4ribs ATZ however my mates hilux has the 5 rib atz's and they are pretty slippery in the wet compared to the 4ribs...which i thought should perform better in wet...could be cause its a shitty hilux though...

Just put a set of 265 70 R17 MTZ on my 2012 D40 (pictures will follow when I finally get it from the dealer). I had 2 sets of ATZ 265 65 R16 on my current 2007 D40, got 90,000 km (5 rib) off my first set and 60,000 km off current ones (4 rib).

Thanks dude, how did they handle on the blacktop both dry and wet

hey Mimac...which performed beta in the wet, 4ribs or 5 ribs since u trialled both?

I never really gave it much though before, but now that you mention it...
The 4 ribs appeared to be better in the wet, although are more noisy than the 5 rib. I really didn't notice any noise from the 5 rib but now that the 4 ribs are 60k old they are a bit noisy. Can't really say either performed off the raod but i'm not really a hard-core off roader just the occasional beach and plenty of gravel tracks for work.

Cant wait to try out the MTZ have no idea what they are like but the guy at the tyre place runs them on his collorado and loves em.

spoke to a guy from mickey thompson today and he said no way will they fit on standars rims on an un-lifted D40. He says my only option is the STZ

Back