newbie d22 cab chassis

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cutloose

Reaction score
G'day members,
Just a quick hello to introduce myself.
Recently purchased an '08 Cab Chassis D22 4x2 for myself as we were a one car couple and I was having to beg borrow or steal HER Mazda 3. I now have this wonderful feeling of freedom!
Whilst at a mates place I found that the tray easily takes 26 bails of hay, its first job!
I'm hoping to get info from this forum on the turbo charger as it is caked in black greasy gunk which I think is just a leaky gasket or hose and an easy fix.
Also I have a horrible graunching from the front end on full lock due to the stops being bolt heads rubbing on the wishbones. Doesn't look right to me, I'd expect to see rubber cushions.
I've found a link here for the service manual which I will download and print off. A sincere thanks to the member who has provided it. Top stuff.
Happy truckin'.

Welcome to the forums.

It's reported that the service manual link doesn't work but check ebay and you can pick them up for less than $20. Also I doubt you'll be printing it out given that it's probably somewhere in the vicinity of 6000 pages (well the D40 one is). The manuals referred to here are full workshop manuals not like the old Gregory garage manual, if you can get it they are helpful but not really worth printing to put on the bookshelf.

I'm sure one of the D22 boys will come along with some help on your other questions soon.

Welcome mate.

In regards to the bump stops I have heard they are cheap plastic to begin with and fail after a few years. I have a 98 and just keep grease up to mine, seems to do the job.\
If you can't download the service manual let me know and I can sort something out.

Yea the steering stops only have a very cheap plastic cap over the heads, these rub through/fall off and begins to rub metal on metal. You could probably pretty easily make a rubber stop to fit though??

As for turbo, i know nothing about them so can't help on that.

Mitch

Thanks chaps for the advice, I'll try the grease on the stops.
The links to the service manual aren't working for me so I'll get the price for a new one from Nissan. I've bought new manuals for my old GQ patrol and for my motorcycle so am not unaware of cost, which can be retrieved in just one repair; like fitting new gaskets to a turbo charger!

Back