Newbie Navara Driver

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spin

Reaction score
Hi there everyone. My name is Steve. Just thought i would introduce myself as a new member. I drive a 2011 (feb 2012 first reg) Black D40 Navara. So far its been a great vehicle. The only improvements I have made since I purchased it Feb is a factory fitted bull bar fitted and some IPF spotties. Also some off road tyres. I have recently been 4WDing up the Bridle 4x4 track near Melrose SA, and a couple of weeks ago to Brachina Gorge in the Wilpena Pound area.

I will post some photos of my D40 soon.

cheers Steve

Welcome Steve, pics are always good, would be great to see a bit of your neck of the woods.

Hi there, thanks for the welcome. I am having a little trouble navigating this site. i have posted a couple of photos in my garage. Is this where all photos are meant to go?

thanks in advance...Steve

Hi, question for you all. I have a portable compressor for pumping up my tyres. Do you need, or is it better to have the motor running while pumping up the tyres to save from draining the battery or will the battery be fine? Auto electrics is not my strong suit with cars.

cheers Steve

hi Steve, i always leave mine running because i did see one of my mates battery go flat on him, not really sure if it was due to his battery being lazy to begin with or what.
So rather then find out for my self i just leave it ticking over, better safe then sorry as they say.

It does depend on which battery you use and how much you are pumping.

I only ever use my Aux battery for pumping my tyres up when I am checking them and I don't bother running the engine for that (scared I might only get 80% air in my tyres :sarcastic: )

But if I needed to put alot of air in them, (i.e. complete flat or off road deflate type amounts) I'd definitely have the engine running and give the compressor a break atleast every tyre.

Your eyes? crap I must have missed again, stand upright and close your mouth will you!

I've got a terrible memory it appears the only thing I remember is how to hijack threads :sarcastic:

Welcome and pump up tyres with engine running <---------------back on topic :ha:

Latest posts

Back