Newbie needing advice

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

holden74

Reaction score
Hey all great site looking forward to reading and commenting as time goes by. Just after some advice not sure if its already been covered apologies if it has.

Have just purchased a Nissan Navara D40 4lt Auto Petrol - Great car loving it so far. One thing I have noticed is that the brake pedal has more travel in it than I am used to coming from a 4 door sedan. It doesn't go all the way to the floor and the truck stops fine when you lean on the brakes but does have a fair bit of travel - is this considered normal for this truck or should I take it in for a mechanic to look at?

Cheers for the info

Kind Regards

Josh

Welcome Josh.

It's not considered normal for my D40 but with yours being an 07 if it's still on it's original pads they could well be getting down a bit. Some people here reckon the brake pads on D40's are shit and only last 40K although there is a few of us here who are getting way better wear out of them than the doomsayers suggest.

If you aren't 100% sure about checking the brakes yourself it might well be worth getting someone else to have a look.

Doesn't sound total normal, but like Krafty said check the wear of you pads, the more worn they are the more you need to move the pistons. Also it may need too have a brake fluid change, this will make you brakes spongy making you need too push them down further, this can be caused from moister in your brake fluid or from boiling the brake fluid (overheating brakes, brake fade). Brake fluid naturally absorbs moister out of the air, this is why it has too be change over time and why you must make sure the reservoir cap is always tight

pffffttt
d 40's
oh
and welcome mate
if it was me ide get em checked
cheers
sparra

Thanks for the help guys will take it in next week to get checked as stated better to be safe than sorry - will post back on what was done and if it improved the situation - good to see a bit of rivalry between the d40's and d22's!

Ask most wives and I'm sure they will agree their husbands need to seek professional advice.

Latest posts

Back