Newbie that needs help!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Remmington

Reaction score
Hi!! I'm Remmi, I'm a 25 yr old female living in the Pilbara in WA. I own a 2004 STR D22 Navara. I live 12 hours drive from the closest service centre and i currently have a problem that when ever the car goes over 3000rpm the ute surges and looses power and then the egine light comes on. Any suggestions for what this might be.

Other then this problem it has been the most wonderful ute which has done the east coast many times and now the west coast and has been regularly serviced.

Welcome to the forum, and sorry to be of no help other than to suggest the obvious, like check the oil, and coolant levels, go over all the wiring in the 'bay check that nothing is melted or loose and give all the connections a jiggle to make sure they're plugged in properly, check all the hoses to make sure they arent leaking, check the fuses.
free bump, good luck. hopefully someone else will be of more help on here.

sounds like nps....neutral postion switch on the gearbox. try holding the gearstick over to one side and see if the surging stops.

Hi and welcome.
It actually sounds like your having a fuel problem. The motor is getting enough fuel untill you get over 3000rpm then it is starving and will want too cut out. The first place too start is your fuel filter (easy and cheap). It maybe starting too clog up.
After that they start too get more technical and expensive (fuel transfer pumps, injectors). Also try some injector cleaner in your fuel. Diesel?

Last edited:
Hi Remmi,
Im in Newman WA with the same model as yours. Im no mechanic and havent experienced the same problems as you but if you need a wagon to compare and even swap parts out to fault find then let me know

Welcome to the forum mate. Check your NPS and also check fuel filters and the like. When the engine light comes on does it stay in limp mode and run like shit or does it come good again

Cheers for all the info guys!! I just want abit of a rough idea on what to ask the mechanic to look at, so now i've got a good start.

Karnage - I'm also in Newman, we haven't been here long but I'm pretty sure i've seen your car around.

Get underneath the vehicle, there is a plug below the gearstick (Under the ute).

Disconnect it and see if it fixes the problem.

Latest posts

Back