Newcastle

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyc10n

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm relatively new to the forum and new to the whole 4x4 scene. Wondering if there is anyone in the Newcastle area that enjoys a bit of a wheel from time to time, I have a few mates with 4B's but never have time to go and have some fun whether it be up bush or on beach... Or on the odd hunting trip..

We occasionally go for a run somewhere, from the Watagans to Chichester State Forest and up through Yengo National Park (Howes Valley Fire Trail).

These usually take the better part of the day, so you should pack lunch & drinkies. Toilets are scarce at Yengo, can smell rather poorly in Chichester especially after the yobbos from Sydney have been in there at Easter & Xmas and just don't bother in Watagans - last time we went there, someone decided it was more effective to take a dump ON the seat, rather than through the hole in the middle of it, and yes their aim was good, so if you need to fire shit at someone, look to hiring those that frequent the Watagan dunnies.

In all seriousness, we DO go for drives - just not very often and sometimes not 4WDing, but we have done some.

From a small track near Jerusalem Creek:

attachment.php

Fording the river across to Currawong - this is currently a LOT deeper, water over the bonnet now:

attachment.php

and crossing the relatively shallow ford at Telegherry Forest Park:

attachment.php

We have a schedule of events for 2012 but not everyone goes (and sometime nobody goes). Work is not easy to avoid all the time.

We are going to Lithgow for the ZigZag railway in May, we just got back from Wellington Caves (bloody marvellous place) but we might not get to Macquarie Woods in June - we'll have to see.

Thanks tony. Much appreciated, them pictures looked good I have done some 4BN and been on some pretty rough trucks which the D22 surprised me as it conquered anything my mates jeep did and my mates jeep has alot of work done to it where I haven't done much work to the D22 at all. Would be good to meet a few of the guys

welcome mate
as tony said its a bit hard to get all the newie guys together but it does happen
there was a bit of talk about a run up stocton b4 it gets too cold
some of us went to tuff trucks recently
and theres always the muster in november in vic high country,ime down there now and f^%k its cold
cmon newie ppl its time to get out and get em dirty
cheers
sparra

f@#k work it takes so muck of our time i just got a camper trailer so i intend to get away at least once a month this year

Yeah sparra I went to tuff trucks this year as well, it was my first time to tug trucks and I must say I'll be back again next year coz it was awesome lol the misso has been hassling me for weeks about heading up to stocko again so if anything is organized then count me in lol

Im from Newie as well... havent met anyone on here as yet. Just moved here about a month ago. Was going to wait until i got lift kit, snorkel and such sorted before hassling anyone to show me places. BUT if you guys are heading out somewhere im keen!

Welcome on board, as tony said we do try too organize trips but our days off don't always line up, me n Sparra work a rotating roster and I work away from home (hope too change soon). But I'm always keen for a trip and on holidays untill 27th if we what to organize a day

Yeah I'm keen as to head out for a wheel and to meet some of you guys.. I haven't been out since I got the sunnies on and lifted the front end. Keen as to test it out at the new height..

What kind of thing you want to get up to? If there are unlifted vehicles it can't be too strenuous. Morticus doesn't have a snorkel either, so deep river crossings are also out of the question.

Immediate and easy choices for a run:

* Watagan Forest same as we did last time (picnic, dirt road)
* Yengo National Park (dirt, rocks, light sand, cautious climb but ok in 2WD mode)
* Wangat Trig/Middle Rd/Frying Pan Ck from Bendolba to Monkerai (picnic, dirt road)
* Chichester Dam (picnic, sealed road)

Dave was going to get back to us (ages ago) about some tracks near Lostock Dam but they're a long way out. Chichester/Bendolba are about 90mins from Newcastle. Yengo is about 60mins and Watagans about 40mins away.

Other suggestions extremely welcome - I'd like to see something new too!

I've only been out the back of killingworth lol but I've done some serious stuff unlifted but then again what I class serious my not be serious to you guys lol

or come down to scotties
weve been out doing local tracks thisarvo
some serious stuff and the sliders have already paid for themselves
heading home tomorrow
cheers

Polblue would be freezing right now. It's 1550m above sea level and temps generally fall about 10 to 14C from Gloucester, which is sitting at about 10C right at this moment.

There's a cold front that's just passed through WITH a low pressure trough, but I don't think it's near enough to bring snow to the top. Humidity is up around the high 70% mark so if the low comes back, Polblue will be white very soon. If the low stays away it'll be covered in ice from the low temperatures - and some of that will be hard to see.

We can go there, but I think we'll need snow chains and recovery gear for towing (so no need for snatch straps, but drag chains, winch extensions and shovels).

The very worst that will happen from a 4WD experience perspective - we'll go for a 4-hour drive and get bloody cold and go home again.

I have hand-held UHF radios to lend to anyone who doesn't have a two-way.

ok
STOCTON BEACH NEXT SAT 21st
meet at servo lavis lane at 10 am
who's keen
brad?
tony?
andrew?
dave?????? (where are you dave )

count me in, should have the bigger tyres fitted by then (waiting for klosters to tell me my replacement wheels have arrived). As for the snorkel, ill be getting one in the next couple of weeks hopefully. but the lift has to wait till tax time. Ive done a fair bit of 4x4 but not in the Navara. It was in a Cruiser ute with 35s. so entirely different story here... keen to meet everyone and say Gday.

minister for war and peace says i can go for a drive on stockton so just need to check work roster but should be gold

Latest posts

Back