Newfella from Africa

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richsav730

Reaction score
Hi there,
I'm Richsav730 from a veeery small country town in Kwa-Zulu Natal, South Africa. Our family UTE is an'07 Navara D40 D/C 4x4 2.5 manual, which my son uses as a work vehicle and he and I use to tow our fishing boat around. The vehicle is Morpho Blue and Spanish made and is fitted with a Thai Carryboy canopy. We currently have Pirelli Scorpion ATR tyres on and they have given really good service. We fitted a DTE chip to try and improve fuel efficiency with no success so far. I would be interested to hear of other guys experience with these chips.

Welcome. I was going to suggest the Navara.net forum but i see your already on there. If you got no improvement in economy and can't notice a gain in power i'd say the chip is faulty if correctly installed. Ask them to change it for you.

Welcome. I was going to suggest the Navara.net forum but i see your already on there. If you got no improvement in economy and can't notice a gain in power i'd say the chip is faulty if correctly installed. Ask them to change it for you.

Done just that, sent the chip off to the agents today. Everyone I have talked to has reported good improvement in fuel efficiency and power even the poor guys who are burdened with their leaden 3 Lit D4-D Toyotas!

Thanks guys for the welcome nothing better than chatting on line with others who really know their vehicles and how to get the best performance, reliability and long life from them.

Back