Next mods

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

X-D22pilot

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 2012 STR spefial edition D22 2.5 litre, has EGR blocked, looking at putting on a Steinbauer Power Module and the 2 3/4" mandrel bent exhaust system from Beaudesert, just wanted some input from anyone who has done it or any suggestions? cheers

Kade

take the side steps off before they smash into your floor, fit a proper rear bar (idk if TJM make one yet for the new navs, ARB make one) because the stock rear step is so flimsy if u even jump on it on 1 end it will bend and dent your tub on the other (mine did that b4 I took it off. plus it gives you a rear recovery point, something you dont have til you install a hitch point) get a bullbar, so much less worry bout driving/hitting things... some driving lights are a must, the stock are woefully inadequate! if you're willing to spend some $ fit a light bar, solves all the light trouble with side and fill light plus spotties. lastly, if you're considering 4x4 or anything close to that fit a snorkel, so many horror stories of new engines after ingressing water and killing the engine. also, the snorkel will help get more air to your engine therefore it will go faster! u'll need to get a genuine snorkel cause of the duel batteries, you wont be able to beat Nizzbit's prices. jus google them if you want to check it out. MP

^^the snorkel might be an issue on the 2010 and 2011 models, but 2012 went back to a single battery so you can basically choose whatever snorkel you want. As for rear steps, scottybobcat on here makes a decent one, otherwise there is arb or some mob on eBay that does one too. If you remove the side steps I'd recommend fitting a set of rock sliders so you don't damage the sills if you get hung up on something

Ok thanks, have the genuine snorkel, bullbar installed also dual battery system, warn winch, 2 inch lift, cruze control, was wondering about the module and exhaust combo mentioned above, I noticed a lot of ppl are going 3 inch exhaust, the one I was looking at is 2 and 3/4 inch.

I actually use the side steps to get in so would have to replace em with sliders for sure if I got too adventurous, I have seen one bloke on here who does em but have not followed it up yet.

As for other mods in the future, was looking at the ARB canopy with lift up lock windows and roof rack, waiting for a quote on that, also looking at a better way to seal the tail gate, I tried the 15 mm foam tape, seems dust can still get in on the dirt roads somehow, only got the canopy on there but that is well sealed.

If you have a look through the d22 section you will find quite a few threads on both exhaust and chip options. The two chips that seem to be worth spending the money on are a unichip from northside 4x4 or a chipit chip. As for exhausts, people seem to say you get the same results from cheaper options than beaudesert but you'd have to have a look and decide what sounds better for you

You can if you dont wanna fit a second battery under the hood. Im a tight ass and bought the ebay special good bit of kit really but will never fit a battery in with it. I was a bit dissapointed but sort of new that would be the case anyway. Ive since started to do battery in the tub and have come to the conclusion its probably better not having the extra weight up the front...but that might just be to make me feel better about not being able to put one up there lol

I didn't realise you were in was. Chipit actually have their own shop in Clarkson I believe, I'm pretty sure they can fit off the shelf exhaust systems too. They have a thread in the vendors section so you can send them a pm or post in their thread

And there easy to install ;)

Just found out tomorrow is a public holiday, when I get all the prices and info ill post it here ;)

Hey mate I had a steinbauer chip and 3" mandrel bent straight through system fitted just over a wk ago, looked for ages at pre made systems but ended up getting the exhaust shop that fitted my chip to do a straight through system with new dump pipe, 1 high flow cat and no mufflers.... Paid 2600 for the whole lot fitted, Huge power gains with pretty much no lag and it sounds insane, massive whistle and a really tuff clean not with no drone on the highway

Hey mate I had a steinbauer chip and 3" mandrel bent straight through system fitted just over a wk ago, looked for ages at pre made systems but ended up getting the exhaust shop that fitted my chip to do a straight through system with new dump pipe, 1 high flow cat and no mufflers.... Paid 2600 for the whole lot fitted, Huge power gains with pretty much no lag and it sounds insane, massive whistle and a really tuff clean not with no drone on the highway

Nice, yer im thinking the steinbauer is the one to go for with the pre made 2 3/4 inch system, just seeing what else is out there, probably install it myself as I live in the pilbra, but if I get a good deal in Perth I can drive there

Is this the one you got? http://bit.ly/R6CHP7

They look easy to install, just plug a few things in and connect power to the unit, must turn itself on and off somehow or just sense when the motor is on through the impulses in the injector plugs.

Yeah looks the same mate, when my exhaust guy rang them they programmed the chip for my D22 to suit the 3" system and he reckons that overall I would have gained about 50-60hp.
I looked at chips and did research for ages and ended up going steinbauer, there pretty safe and I get no black smoke under load either

Yeah looks the same mate, when my exhaust guy rang them they programmed the chip for my D22 to suit the 3" system and he reckons that overall I would have gained about 50-60hp.
I looked at chips and did research for ages and ended up going steinbauer, there pretty safe and I get no black smoke under load either

Have had a few quotes come back, did you do research on the chip it chip? Have had two company's come back and say there is a 50% power gain with there recommended exhaust packages, one is Genie, other is Manta exhaust, fitted with the chip it module that is, would you know if the chip it module effects fuel pump pressures or anything wearing like that?

Also what percentage power gain do you think you got with yours mate with the work you did?

A quote for the STEINBAUER untit for mine is $1415 incl GST unfitted, about $30 postage, the Beaudesert Exhaust is around $1450 delivered so thats nearly 3 K and fit myself.

This is from a performance shop- (chip it chip)

To supply and fit a 3" system would cost you $1650
The chip supplied and fitted will cost you $1150
With the two together the car will get about 50% increase over standard

That is the Genie exhaust, so $2800

From chip it-

Chip $999 or $1149 fitted
Chip and EGT $1299 or $1649 fitted
(delivery $25)

Mild Steel 3" exhaust $1050 supply or $1250 fitted
Stainless steel 3" exhaust $1450 or $1650 fitted
(delivery $100)

Manta system exhaust, so go the EGT and chip plus mild steel exhaust $2899

So there all around 3K so far, next step is to look more into chip its inner workings to see if it will cause premature wear on the fuel pump or anything, then make a choice ;)

I looked at chip it for a while but after talking to a handfull of suppliers I steered away from them as alot of people said they were not the best chip for the D22 and they do pump alot more fuel through than standard and a lot of people crank them to the highest setting and flog there cars which is not good

Steinbauer are a very safe chip for your engine and cover any faults to your engine directly caused by the chip, they work off of each individual injector rather than just pump more fuel through your engine and there is a sensor that goes on your accellerator so if your engine is under to much load the chip will actually chill out for a while...... I spoke to people for months and steinbauer came out on top for me and about 1460 fitted, looked at nearly all exhausts on the market as well and ended up getting my system for just over 1000bucks mandrel bent and fitted with new dump pipe and cat..... all up about 50-60hp gain and very noticible

I looked at chip it for a while but after talking to a handfull of suppliers I steered away from them as alot of people said they were not the best chip for the D22 and they do pump alot more fuel through than standard and a lot of people crank them to the highest setting and flog there cars which is not good

Steinbauer are a very safe chip for your engine and cover any faults to your engine directly caused by the chip, they work off of each individual injector rather than just pump more fuel through your engine and there is a sensor that goes on your accellerator so if your engine is under to much load the chip will actually chill out for a while...... I spoke to people for months and steinbauer came out on top for me and about 1460 fitted, looked at nearly all exhausts on the market as well and ended up getting my system for just over 1000bucks mandrel bent and fitted with new dump pipe and cat..... all up about 50-60hp gain and very noticible

Is it loud?

Is there much difference between idle and say 1500rpm now you have the chip and exhaust? I know the 2.5cr is a bit of a slug around that range stock so just curious.

The system sounds bloody amazing mate, really clean meaty note in the lower rev range, massive turbo whistle and no drone on the highway at 110, when I fly home from work at the end of the wk I'll put a vid on youtube and post the link for you.
@180degrees, there's a massive difference, with basically no lag or sluggishness while changing gears at low rev range or exelerating, couldn't be happier with it to be honest and absolutely no need to drop back a gear on hills anymore as it just pulls, even in 5th

Got a email back from STEINBAUER today, they say they can pre set the module to suit a baudessert system and they work well with them, looks like that is what im going for, the STEINBAUER module has a reference sensor wire that needs to be soldiered to the accelerator wire, if I can find that wire I could install the rest myself, just need to work on some gumby arms to get in the engine bay ;)

Latest posts

Back