Nice trip into work this morning

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siringo

Reaction score
Just driving along enjoying the sunshine and peace this morning, then I look down at the speedo, Warning light's on, Battery light's on, temp gauge up at the very top of the white section.

Pull over and find the serpentine belt's snapped, taken out the lower radiator hose and emptied the radiator.

Towed into town and into the Nissan shop.

Never good, but glad it didn't happen on the way to the Muster next week.

Just driving along enjoying the sunshine and peace this morning, then I look down at the speedo, Warning light's on, Battery light's on, temp gauge up at the very top of the white section.

Pull over and find the serpentine belt's snapped, taken out the lower radiator hose and emptied the radiator.

Towed into town and into the Nissan shop.

Never good, but glad it didn't happen on the way to the Muster next week.

lucky you spotted it before you boiled it mate, good job and very lucky in a way it wasnt at the muster.

I wonder why Nissan didnt pick up on the wear when the did the timing chain or suggest it be changed while they were at it, im sure you would of paid for that considering the chain was under warranty.

Yeah, I don't know. I'm just real pleased it broke when it did and not in the middle of nowhere, where a tow truck couldn't get to me.

I'm going to get that thing replaced every 2 years or so from now on.

Yeah, I don't know. I'm just real pleased it broke when it did and not in the middle of nowhere, where a tow truck couldn't get to me.

I'm going to get that thing replaced every 2 years or so from now on.

prob not a bad idea, maybe they should be doing them at 90 - 100k ?

Hope its OK.

No coolant would mean your temps could be anywhere irrespective of the gauge reading.

Yep. The needle didn't get into the red zone on the gauge and I didn't smell any of that hot / boiled smell you can smell when you really cook your motor.

The radiator was bubbling its brain out and sucked the reservoir dry.

Put a genuine belt on. Best you can get just pricey. Mine did 150k and I had to cut it off the tensioner seized.

Latest posts

Back