Nissan Dealer experiences?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm, well I just had my 40k service done yesterday morning which is it's first major. I think as the warranty runs out early next year it will be the last dealer service my bus gets. For an average weeks wage you get fluids and filters. bit of this bit of that. They didn't even grease the steering stops! I have always serviced my own vehicles because I spend the time to go over things properly. I hate paying and have the simple things missed. The fella at the dealer is quite a nice bloke I s'pose and has the mechanics attend to issues I raise ( I knew my hazard light fuse had blown. but if I don't mention it I feel they'd skip it. Like the steering stops, I knew they needed grease, they normally do it. didn't mention it..didn't get done. even though it's in their list to check steering and suspension maybe they were in a hurry to knock off and watch the GF? it says they road test, but I'm still hearing a weird noise from the rear suspension that would be easy for a mechanic to pick up on. The positive and highly commendable attribute of this particular dealership is one of the birds who works there during the week has great tits

Last edited:
I thought I'd stick something in here about my dealer (one of the biggest in the Hunter region).

The salesman was great, very knowledgeable, knew the vehicle and gave me advice that I'd already received elsewhere (so pretty much confirming that he was not pushing the wrong barrow around). He'd get things done, not a few hours later, but right then on the spot. I have no complaints about the sales side of things.

As for servicing, the service manager races in the outback and is a veritable fountain of info, happy to discuss stuff with you and doesn't monkey about. The vehicle's first service was handled very promptly, and I saw them test driving the vehicle.

Would I recommend them, based on my experiences so far? Absolutely.

I stupidly went back to the place I brought the Nav from this morning thinking that because their service when I brought the car was average they might be willing to keep helping one of their "valued customers" (as the key ring they gave me claimed I was) but I guess not.

While the service guys did what I asked them too I thought I'd push my luck a little and ask the service manager about the ambient temp sensor. I knew it was going to be a stupid price and haven't given up on making one but since I was there I figured I'd give it a shot.

The service manager then tells me he has no idea what I'm talking about, so I tell him to look for the same thing on a Pathy. Since I didn't have the part numbers I had to rely on the part name which I thought was enough but no this guy couldn't find it on the computer. Eventually we got on the same wave length and he found the bit but told me its for a Pathy not a Nav and wont fit.

By this stage I was getting a little pissed with the so called manager and told him to look up the computer because it's also listed as a Nav part. After a few minutes I finally convinced him I did know what I was talking about and the computer proved it. So he gets the Nav part number then asks me if I'm sure it will fit, I suggested something along the lines of how stupid Nissan would be if they listed parts for a Nav that didn't go on it but he didn't seem too impressed.

I eventually said just give me a price on the Pathy one since you understand that Pathy's have these items and we will forget I actually own a Nav. He then tries to tell me that he's not convinced that the Pathy part will fit on a Nav cause they are different vehicles.

When I told him and pointed out exactly where the wiring loom was on the Nav he then says the wiring loom may be fitted but the dashboard would be different to the Pathy so it wont have the gauge reading on it. It was at this point I did ask him then if he's ever had a Pathy and a Nav in the workshop together because surely even the dunny cleaner could see there was similarities between the two vehicles.

Eventually we get on the same wave length again and we agree there are similarities between the two vehicles and that the Pathy sensor will in fact fit so I once again asked for the price. The DH goes and gives me a price for the Nav one he's just spent 15 mins trying to convince me either doesn't exist or can't possible work.

After 15 mins of crap I eventually got a price to which I of course asked for a discount given my status as "valued customer". His reply was that they sell a lot of cars and can't afford to give everyone a discount. I then suggested what he could do with his ambient temp sensor and lack of knowledge and now I'm looking for a new dealership to deal with.

Gees, I've been wondering about Nissan servicing in general and thinking whether it is better to get Nissan or my main mechanic to look after the Navs 100K service.

I know my guy has done the right thing by us for the last few years, and the Nav is out of warranty so it shouldn't matter. Any thoughts ?

Hoo Roo

I'll be getting mine done elsewhere but that's not entirely because of Nissan idiots its also because I don't pay for the labor.

I know my guy has done the right thing by us for the last few years, and the Nav is out of warranty so it shouldn't matter. Any thoughts ?

Even if the vehicle was still under warranty, it shouldn't/ wouldn't matter. If you have faith in a properly licensed workshop support them and your warranty will not be void if the service schedule is maintained!

I tell all our customers "you only need to go back to the dealer when something fails" and just to be safe, whilst under warranty we use genuine parts.

Latest posts

Back