Nissan Navara d22 Clunk

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeey

Reaction score
I own a Navara d22 08 model. When i put it in 4x4 it makes a loud clunking noise expecially when under load. Im not to sure what this is. It almost sounds like the transfer chain, but im almost positive it cant be as its never made that noise before and has been sitting in the shed for the past 6 weeks cause i broke my foot. I engaged 4x4 the other night and thats when the clunking persisted. I changed my front diff and transmission case oil and there was no exessive fragments of metal....

:chainsaw:

Universal joints on the front driveshaft? Get under it and give it a twist, see if there's any slack. Check your gearbox mounts to, might be loose.

I droped my oils in the tranny box and there was no metal fragments. That should pretty much mean the chain isnt slipping or streched cause there would be bulk metal in the box. I found a busted gear box mount (the rubber thing) Not sure if that could be the problem?

I rang nissan, and they said its vertually impossible to strech the chain on the newer d22 as its not a normal steel chain. Its some strong shit. So i have no idea what the clunk could be...

My transfer chain went and the clunk was like nothing I have ever heard. Sounded very metallic and went through the whole car. Obviously only made it under load. Managed to source one second hand out of a wrecked car that had only done 60k (so I am told) for $600. No issues since.

Latest posts

Back