Nissan navara NP300 oil dilution oil deterioration fault

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3cpowertrain

Reaction score
Hi all.. I’m on my fourth navara and have had three NP300 pickups.. I purchased one of the last in 2021 and it has now done 16000 miles.. how ever every 3000 miles the oil dilution fault comes up and the oil is like treacle.. I understand this is a common fault on nearly all late models and that Nissan haven’t as yet got a fix for the fault.. I have spoken to several people with similar age pickups and all of them have it are going through a rejection process as there doesn’t seem to be a fix.. how many other people are experiencing this fault and does anyone know of any fix for this fault.. it’s such a shame as never had any issues with the previous trucks..!!

i suspect thats all due to the DPF. lots of issues with every /brand/make/model that runs a dpf and used in city type driving. they simply don't get run hard enough and long enough for the dpf to do its thing, forcing it to regen. regen tends to dump a lot of fuel into the oil, hence oil dilution.

going like treacle sounds more like an oil issue. what brand/spec oil are you using?

edit: ours are euro5 and i think yours in the UK are euro 6. the dpf systems are a little different.

i suspect thats all due to the DPF. lots of issues with every /brand/make/model that runs a dpf and used in city type driving. they simply don't get run hard enough and long enough for the dpf to do its thing, forcing it to regen. regen tends to dump a lot of fuel into the oil, hence oil dilution.

going like treacle sounds more like an oil issue. what brand/spec oil are you using?

edit: ours are euro5 and i think yours in the UK are euro 6. the dpf systems are a little different.
Morning using whatever oil Nissan put in.as it’s all done under warranty . they have admitted there is an issue and they done know what to do about it… I had a 19 reg one with adblue but she didn’t miss a beat.. it’s just on the later euro 6 models as you mentioned..!! Everyone one I know who has one has the issue some are only going 2000 miles..

Morning using whatever oil Nissan put in.as it’s all done under warranty . they have admitted there is an issue and they done know what to do about it… I had a 19 reg one with adblue but she didn’t miss a beat.. it’s just on the later euro 6 models as you mentioned..!! Everyone one I know who has one has the issue some are only going 2000 miles..
It first done it at 3000 miles as did my neighbours who had his at the same time.. Nissan done an ecu update but that didn’t make any difference..

It first done it at 3000 miles as did my neighbours who had his at the same time.. Nissan done an ecu update but that didn’t make any difference..

If it's the DPF then an ECU update isn't going to help a lot. The car needs either a forced regen or a good long run on a highway.

Of course, that's easy here in Australia where you can (outside of the cities) drive for hours and hours without slowing, stopping, turning or sometimes even seeing another vehicle.

I have exactly the same problem with my 2022 Navara. Just had the latest recall for turbo solenoid installed a few weeks ago but again no difference. Service cpu my tee reducing by at least twice the rate of miles driven. This has been ongoing for 3 years since new, i how can Nissan get away with selling vehicles which don’t meet the advertised specification? What rights do we have as customers?

I have exactly the same problem with my 2022 Navara. Just had the latest recall for turbo solenoid installed a few weeks ago but again no difference. Service cpu my tee reducing by at least twice the rate of miles driven. This has been ongoing for 3 years since new, i how can Nissan get away with selling vehicles which don’t meet the advertised specification? What rights do we have as customers?
Morning mine was done a few weeks ago but I checked the oil yesterday and it looks like the oil is going black so just waiting for the light to come back on.!! what have you done about yours..?? I would be rejecting the vehicle and that’s what I will be doing if the light comes back on within 3000 miles..

Morning mine was done a few weeks ago but I checked the oil yesterday and it looks like the oil is going black so just waiting for the light to come back on.!! what have you done about yours..?? I would be rejecting the vehicle and that’s what I will be doing if the light comes back on within 3000 miles..

Don't be too concerned about the oil going dark quickly, diesels do that. It's quite normal!

My navara is going back into Nissan again on Monday for further diagnosis.

Latest posts

Back