Nissan patrol spy photos

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The new Patrol is made for the American market and it shows with NO diesel engine option.

Dave.

Dave, it's actually made for the Middle East market apparently. That is the Patrol's biggest selling region (same as landcruiser). Their petrol is cheap so they don't care about fuel consumption, and they only drive on dry sand and fast open bitumen freeways....

I wonder if we will even see the new model then or if we will carry on the current model? It worked a charm with the D22's.

Matt, judging by the article in the link, it seems like a real possibility that they will sell both, until a decision is made on the new diesel. Personally, I think it's a great idea. Like you said it's worked a treat on the D22. Even if they stopped selling the ST-L and Ti models in the current model and sold it as a more economical DX & ST version I'm sure they will continue selling well, plus Nissan get to clean out the parts bin. At the end of the day most of the people who buy Patrols are people like us who don't particularly care about all the frills and electronic crap, and prefer the truck-like vehicle that it is. I think it would be a winning recipe for Nissan to sell the current model alongside the new model, that way they keep the existing customer base and they can also tackle the LC200 market with the new Patrol as well. Nissan are kidding themselves if they think the current model Patrol is a direct rival for the LC200. If anything it's more of a rival to the Prado/Pajero, or the GXL Troopy wagon.

I guess in a way you could compare the situation to the Range Rover Sport and Range Rover Vogue. Essentially they are a very similar vehicle, but target slightly different markets in the way they are finished off. The Sport is more a highway cruiser, but the Vogue is more geared towards the off-road market. It's irrelevant as to how many Range Rover's even hit the dirt, but more relevant is the intentions of the buyer, as people buy a lifestyle concept, not just the nuts and bolts of a vehicle.

on the upside though, looks like maybe the Patrols will share the same PCD as the D40/R51 vehicles so it might mean more aftermarket wheels....

Matt, judging by the article in the link, it seems like a real possibility that they will sell both, until a decision is made on the new diesel. Personally, I think it's a great idea. Like you said it's worked a treat on the D22. Even if they stopped selling the ST-L and Ti models in the current model and sold it as a more economical DX & ST version I'm sure they will continue selling well

Actually if you look at Nissan's website they have already dropped the ST-L. I have been having a look as I am the the point of needing to decide if I trade my R51 Pathfinder or keep it and run it into the ground. An ST-L Patrol ZD30 was the one likey to get a look although given the main use is commute and tow truck duty I have wondered about a fresh secondhand 4.8 petrol with liquid phase LPG injection fitted to sidestep pehaps finding out first hand that Patrol ZD30 blowups are NOT a thing of the past. Although I can not say I have heard of a blown up common rail one yet.

Dave, it's actually made for the Middle East market apparently. That is the Patrol's biggest selling region (same as landcruiser). Their petrol is cheap so they don't care about fuel consumption, and they only drive on dry sand and fast open bitumen freeways....

I know but it will also be sold in the US and we all know how much the Yanks hate diesels.

Give it a few years and it will sell better in the US then say Dubia.

Dave.

I think it would take a lot to get the stupid yanks out of their rubbish GMC's etc

Back